PDA

View Full Version : Will NZXT Kraken X62 fit on EVOLV ATX TG ?

bonomork
05-02-2017, 03:42 AM
I'm going to replace my old HAF X with the Evolv ATX TG. According to the technical specifications I can install a 280mm rad on top and on front. The X62 will fit on top ? Exaust ?
Is it better to fit it on top or i should install it on front ? Intake

Psyah
05-03-2017, 07:51 AM
I'm going to replace my old HAF X with the Evolv ATX TG. According to the technical specifications I can install a 280mm rad on top and on front. The X62 will fit on top ? Exaust ?
Is it better to fit it on top or i should install it on front ? Intake

Sure it will fit on the top. how thick is it ? it's just a matter of aesthetics. If "too" thick, it may hide cpu block (and with this cooler, you really don't want it to be hidden :D).
I have a Alphacool Nexxxos st 30 which is a 280 rad(30mm thick) and it fits no problem on top. If you put a 280 rad on the top, you will have to block the other holes of the mounting plate, otherwise, hot air will go back into the case, it is a really easy mod, you can do it with tape (a heat resistant one), or cut an acrylique sheet. or anything else that will block hot air. If you only have one rad, it doesn't really matter if you put it on top or front. just keep in mind that this case is quite restrictive about air flow due to those beautiful panels (top and front). I think it will be more efficient on front cause air flow will be better, but, if your gpu is not watercooled I'll put the rad on top because the gpu needs fresh air.
Another otpion is, still a mod, to remove the top mounting plate and fix the rad directly to the case you will have almost 25mm gain so it will not hide gpu block. this one is a bit more tricky but remain a quite simple task if you have few tools.
Hope that helped :)

bonomork
05-05-2017, 02:40 AM
Sure it will fit on the top. how thick is it ? it's just a matter of aesthetics. If "too" thick, it may hide cpu block (and with this cooler, you really don't want it to be hidden :D).
I have a Alphacool Nexxxos st 30 which is a 280 rad(30mm thick) and it fits no problem on top. If you put a 280 rad on the top, you will have to block the other holes of the mounting plate, otherwise, hot air will go back into the case, it is a really easy mod, you can do it with tape (a heat resistant one), or cut an acrylique sheet. or anything else that will block hot air. If you only have one rad, it doesn't really matter if you put it on top or front. just keep in mind that this case is quite restrictive about air flow due to those beautiful panels (top and front). I think it will be more efficient on front cause air flow will be better, but, if your gpu is not watercooled I'll put the rad on top because the gpu needs fresh air.
Another otpion is, still a mod, to remove the top mounting plate and fix the rad directly to the case you will have almost 25mm gain so it will not hide gpu block. this one is a bit more tricky but remain a quite simple task if you have few tools.
Hope that helped :)

Thank you!

isidith
05-07-2017, 05:36 AM
Hi, I have a kraken x62 and an Evolv ATX. I tried mounting it at the top (exhaust) and at the front of the case (intake).
After some tests, I couldn't see a noticeable difference in thermals. In the end I guess it's an aesthetic choice, note that I had to remove the HDD cage to have it fit in the front which I personally prefer.
My part list for reference: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/cGcYcf .