Thread: Enthoo Primo first review by Anandtech

Enthoo Primo first review by Anandtech

"What are we left with? Excellent build quality, smart thermal-acoustic balance owing to the PWM-driven fan controller, good looks, esoteric design, and a high price tag. The Phanteks Enthoo Primo is a project case similar to the less expensive Corsair Carbide Air 540, but lends itself much more to watercooling. At the $249 price tag, you essentially place it as a less expensive alternative to the monstrous Corsair Obsidian 900D, and I think it compares very favorably in that respect. Unless you need fifteen hard drives, four graphics cards, and/or a dual-CPU motherboard, the Enthoo Primo is going to be a more ideal option."

Check out the full article @ http://www.anandtech.com/show/7212/p...mo-case-review
    Last edited by brian@phanteks; 08-14-2013 at 03:03 PM.

Super Moderator
    Just read the review and was going to post it. Wasn't quick enough.

Nice review!
    Last edited by doyll; 08-14-2013 at 02:47 PM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Can you guys let us know a U.S. release date and through which distributors it will first be available.

Super Moderator
    Reviews says
    . . . the Phanteks offering is different: it connects to a single PWM header on the motherboard, and provided that header can provide enough power, it effectively allows the motherboard's PWM control to control all of the case fans.
    I'm under the impression the PWM fan hub draws power for fans from PSU. ??

Was just looking through the manual and found
    PWM hub will enable PWM function to 3-pin fans. Fan 1 can only be connected to one fan and cannot be split. Fan 2 - Fan 6 can be split to multiple fans. Total of 11 fans can be connected to the PWM hub. All PWM functions will be controlled by fan 1.
    The PWM hub has a molex connection which I assume is for power to the fans with the motherboard only supplying the PWM signal.. Why else there would be the molex connection? That being the case than how many fans motherboard can power is not an issue.

Anyone know what the story is?
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

According to some reviews I've read, The molex supplies power to the hub, a motherboard header cannot supply enough power. The PWM header allows the hub to be controlled by that PWM motherboard header. Reviews state the hub can control 11 fans.

Super Moderator
    A couple of people I know with Primo have had no problems with fan hub using power from PSU and PWM signal from mobo.. in other words with both plugged in.

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    A couple of people I know with Primo have had no problems with fan hub using power from PSU and PWM signal from mobo.. in other words with both plugged in.
    Yes, that's what I meant. The PWM motherboard header alone will not provide enough power to run that many fans, but will provide the PWM signal to control the hub. The Molex will provide the power. I must not have stated it clearly. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Super Moderator
    Was just backing up what you said.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gondar1234 View Post
    Sorry for the misunderstanding
    royal1688 เล่นผ่านเว็บ
    What misunderstanding?