Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Enthoo Primo Additional Parts Availability?

Enthoo Primo Additional Parts Availability?

Hello,

I have just placed my pre-order for the Phanteks Enthoo Primo. After a couple months of looking at Phanteks' youtube teasers, a couple of the early video and written reviews, and now especially after watching the two recent video reviews done by Bill (monstermawds) and Jesse (themodzoo) I simply must have it!

All I can say is what an absolutely fantastic job Phanteks has done putting together what is obviously one of the most well-thought-out watercooling-capable cases ever! I can't hardly wait until they begin shipping and I have my hands on my own.

(suggestion: hurry up and get a case to Lauren at TastyPC. Check her out. She's been growing in popularity - in no small part because it's so rare for a good-looking girl to do hands-on build reviews and even rarer for them to know what they are talking about - and she's totally into watercooling builds. She already has a watercooling sponsor with Aquatuning so she'd surely have the gear to highlight all of the case's watercooling possibilities. I know I'd watch her review(s) of this case at least a dozen times. I'm just sayin').

Oh yeah. I strayed a bit, but I do have a question:

Will items included with the case, like the pump bracket, the PWM hub, and the SSD bracket, etc, be made available for order by themselves? The designer from the Dutch office (sorry, I'm not sure of his name - William?) who appears in the 'Ultimate Chassis Preview' video from Phanteks as well as in videos from Computex Taipei 2013, seems to suggest at least some of these items will be made available. If so, any idea when?

I'd really like to be able to get my hands on extras of all three as soon as possible so I can complete my build the way I have planned.

Thanks,
    Bill W

Super Moderator
    Welcome Bill!
    Yes, Bill and Jesse did an excellent review and build. Got me off the fence too.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Well, I got a hold of someone via the live chat feature on the phanteksusa site and asked about the availability of the extras mentioned above. They really didn't know, so they said they checked, and the answer I got was that they were still working out details on how they would go about offering, packaging, and shipping them. It wasn't a very reassuring answer.

I dunno. Sorta sounds like it might be a while after the cases roll out before they get around to offering extra SSD brackets and whatnot. I hope I'm wrong about that.

Super Moderator
    That doesn't surprise me. I'm sure the logistics are a daunting mountain to be sorted out.. and it all needs to be done yesterday.

Phanteks has got 3 new fans, 4 if you count the upgraded 140mm cooler fan (PH-F140HP that's been shipping on coolers for about 6 months now but is not yet available individually), plus SSD mount, pump mount, fan hub, etc.

They won't have any hair left by the time they get it all sorted.

The good news is they are being 100% honest with us. Many others would be saying "Two weeks! No problem! Two Weeks!"... and when you call in three weeks wondering when it will be they say "Two weeks! No problem! Two Weeks!"
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

OK, it's been 7 weeks now .... I ordered the case knowing I'd need:

10 more fans - can buy those
    1 more pump pad - ETA = ?
    2 more Fan Control PCB thingies - ETA = ?

Can we get an answer as to when or if these will be available .... be good to know even if won't be as we can start looking for alternative options .

I just found out that the additional accessories will be available around the beginning of the new year.

Super Moderator
    That's great news Brian. Will be nice. Thanks for the update.

Brian:

Newegg has the fans ..... bought bunch of them already ..... but we have a problem. You can NOT mix the case fans that come with the case and the ones that ya buy separate. As far as I can tell, they are identical fans. However, the ones ya buy as accessories have anti-vibration pads in the corners. The ones in the case do not ..... so on my bottom rad, I'm all wobbly ..... the fans that came in its own box are 3mm thicker than the pre-mounted ones. Two concerns:

1. Thinner fan rattles since not secured tight.

2. Someone going from one to the other might not realize and use the wrong radiator screws and screw right into their rad

Can we buy / obtain the pads ? Right now I can't use the top fan with the other two as it can't be secured tot he rad with the other ones being "thickerer" ..... 2 points for the other old fogey who remembers the origin of the word (Hint: TV commercial)(
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 11-30-2013 at 10:11 PM.

I really need an extra original fan Control for my phanteks chassie!

With water cooling combined with puch/pull it's easy to to come into a situation with more than 11 fans!

Phanteks, please come on...!

OK Brian, looks like factory out ya on da spot ..... it's well past New Year's

Can we get an update on the PCBs availability ?