Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Enthoo Primo Builds

I would love to see pictures of what you have done, essenbe

I am seriously in love with this case.. Never worked with a case that was this easy to build in.

Hardware Specs:
    • Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5ghz
    • 24GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1600
    • 2 Sandisk SSDs in Raid 0
    • AMD R9 290X @ 1175 Core/1625 Mem
    • Asus Sabertooth Z77 motherboard
    • Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal!ty
    • 3TB in mechanical HDD

Originally, this was all air cooled, but now it's under water.

Water loop parts list:
    • XSPC Raystorm CPU block
    • EK Fullcover R9 290/X GPU block, with backplate
    • XSPC AX360 Radiator
    • XSPC AX240 Radiator
    • FrozenQ Fuzion V 250mm reservoir
    • 12x Monsoon 7/16"ID 5/8"OD carbon fiber accented compression fittings
    • 2x Monsoon matte black 45 rotary adapters
    • 1x Monsoon 90 rotary adapter
    • Primochill 7/16"ID 5/8"OD Advanced LRT tubing
    • Petra's PTNuke

I have one set of fans on each radiator (Corsair SP120s) configured in Push. I changed out the front intake fans for Corsair AF140 red LED fans, and changed the power and hdd activity LED's as well as the front and top LED strips for red LEDs and LED strips.

Also, this is just plain distilled water with the only additive being the PT Nuke

Internal lighting isn't done yet, as my old CCFL inverter is non-functional at the moment, and I have a new one and some extensions on the way.

Primo_Front.jpg Primo_Internals.jpg

Super Moderator
    They are definitely a pleasure to play in. I don't have H2O. Costs more than I can afford and air keeps everything I have cool. But it would be fun to build a Primo on H2O
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

It was a lot of fun putting this one together. The last time I watercooled anything was a Q6600 on an EVGA 780i motherboard 5 or 6 years ago. Feels good to be watercooling again

Quote Originally Posted by ktf View Post
    I would love to see pictures of what you have done, essenbe
    I'll post some pictures when I'm through. It may be a while though, My motherboard is in RMA. When it gets back and tested, I'll do the build, then some pictures. It will only be a single loop for the CPU, nothing special.
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG case-i7-8700K-Asus Maximus X Apex-EVGA 1080 TI FTW 3-16 GB G Skill DDR4 3200C14-2X Samsung 960 M.2 500GB-2 X Samsung 850 500GB Windows 10 Pro

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG-17-5930K-Asus Deluxe-16GB G Skill DDR4-2800-EVGA 980 Classified-2 X Samsung 850 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 7 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro Insiders

Thank you, I was mostly interested to see what you did exactly with the drive cage. I am planning to get a new case, but I have 9 HDDs and one SSD so Enthoo is a bit streched. I can put 3 drives in the 5.25" bays but it might limit any future watercooling plans. Although... one 5.25" bay will remain free anyway and I can fit a pump there, plus another pump can stay behind the PSU if needed. I am not a WC expect, so I don't know if a pump placed so low is a good or bad thing , but I will document some more.

Did you guys had any problems with larger video cards and the fact that you had to remove the plastic bumper hiding the cables or the entire support itself (in case of larger video cards ) ?

I haven't got that far yet because of no board, but I have moved the bottom cage and the cable/reservoir cover. I have am EVGA GTX 780 Classified, which is a beast of a card (11' long) and a 360 rad in the top and another in the bottom. I am usung a bay reservoir and pump right now. But, once everything is here and I can see how it fits, I am going to see if the Cable hiding/reservoir bracket can be modded to give me the 1/2" I need, and also see how it looks. I have an Aqualis reservoir and base, but it is like 80mm wide. so it's doubtful I could get that much room. With a strong pump and depending on what you are cooling, I don't think the botom mounted pump will matter much. I use a single D5 pump, so am not concerned. I don't plan on water cooling the 780 as the ACX coolers are extremely quiet and even in benchmarks I have yet to exceed 65C on them. So, as you can see, it may be a while until I get it done and see how everything fits. It seems that with this case everything comes down to 1/2 " or so. Measuring is not going to work, and different to many others I don't like a cluttered case. I also have to plan on a second 780 Classified as I intend to get one. The cards are a beast, length plus height which will mean the rear mounting bracket will be out of the question. The card height extends a good 1-1/2 " beyond the pcie bracket in the back. If you are using smaller cards, you probably will have much fewer problems, and with a smaller rad in the bottom can keep the botton drive bay. There is always the option of exterior mounting of the reservoir and paking holes for the tubing, but personally I don't think I want to go that route.

The cover for the drive bays extend farther out than a DVD/CD drive and in the bottom bay on the back side there is a nice hole to bring all your wires for the front 5.25" bays in and can be connected and still hidden by the bay cover. I like that and provides for a nice cleaner look. Bottom line is I think with smaller cards and a 240 in the bottom, you can save the resivoir bracket and bottom drive bays and have no problems. Especially if you have a normal resorvoir than the beast of an Aqualis res. I hope all that made some sense. Maybe someone has some ideas I haven't thought of. I'm not an expert water cooler and don't claim to be. More like a tinkerer.
    Phanteks Enthoo Luxe TG case-i7-8700K-Asus Maximus X Apex-EVGA 1080 TI FTW 3-16 GB G Skill DDR4 3200C14-2X Samsung 960 M.2 500GB-2 X Samsung 850 500GB Windows 10 Pro

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG-17-5930K-Asus Deluxe-16GB G Skill DDR4-2800-EVGA 980 Classified-2 X Samsung 850 500GB Windows 10 Enterprise/Windows 7 Enterprise/Windows 10 Pro Insiders

Super Moderator
    Could you use a 3x 5.25" bay to 3.5" adapter for extra drives?
    Akasa Cagestor C31 Quad 3.5" HDD in 3 x 5.25"
    AK-HDA-07_g01.jpgAK-HDA-07_g02.jpg
    Last edited by doyll; 01-12-2014 at 07:04 AM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thank you for the update essenbe, so many details

doyll, yes, I will use something like that and like I said : out of 5 * 5.25" bays, one will be used for DVD, 3 for drives, leaving just one empty for a future water pump.

I am currently running a gtx 660 SLI, but planning to upgrade to 280x/290 , so I am planning the space thoroughly in advance, since case upgrades are rather rare and I want to make sure all stuff fits.

I can fit a 480 on top for CPU + one card and use a second 240 on the bottom for the second one, so in terms of radiators, I should be fine. I was just worried about having enough space to fit 2 pumps in.

ktf, you can play with the 3.5" bay cages and see if you can come up with something there. I have my pump mounted on the lower drive cage mount, and have the upper cage installed (I have 2 3.5" drives, and 2 2.5" SSD's installed. The SSD's are in one of the nifty SSD caddies mounted behind the motherboard tray)

I also very much hate cluttered cases, and my goal, especially with this case, was to make everything as clean as possible. As I listed above, my system consists of 2 radiators (one 360, one 240), CPU, GPU, the tube res, and a single MCP355/Laing DDC pump.

20140110_172520.jpg

The pump is kind of hidden in the shadows here, but hopefully this will give you some ideas. As you can see, I was able to keep the res mount. I use 7/16"ID 5/8"OD tubing, and that was just perfect for sliding between the res mount and the 5.25" bays, I'll get a picture from the front so you can see what I mean there later too.

Starting from the reservoir, my loop goes like this: Res -> Pump -> Top Rad (360) -> CPU -> GPU -> Bottom Rad
    Last edited by iLoki; 01-13-2014 at 09:30 AM.