Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Space behind front door

Thanks a lot, JackNaylor I appreciate the suggestion. I'll look into them. I've only found them at Performance PCs so far. But the controller can help a lot with the rad fans. Thanks again.
    Bot mine here:

http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html...&go.x=0&go.y=0

Jack, is the face of the Six Eyes flush with sides of bay opening? Is it possible the door might be pushing the buttons in when it closes?

I remeasured and case face to 5.25 face is 14.8mm and door is 9.9mm thick making the space between them 4.9mm.
    Just checked..... it's not perfectly flush but danged close to it.....it matches the BR writer which is set in 2.5mm in in order to have the BR line up with the cases mounting screw holes.

Ya also have two lil round pads on the door that hold it off the case about 0.33 to 0.50mm

What I notice tho is that on the hinge side of the BR Writer I used the slot mount instead of the single round hole mount and that side, I never noticed till now is only set on about 1.5mm and neither side seems to hit. With door cracked like an 1/8th inch, there';s still space between the button and door and since that's very close to the hinge it either just kissses it or misses by a hair.

Not really important though....if in your lineup it hits, push the buttons in....or let the door do it for ya

I watched a video review of the six eyes. That's the way it is supposed to work. You push the button and it comes out. After you adjust the fan, you push it back in. So it should work with the door.
    It's a given that it works with the buttons in. As indicated, I bought the Reeven for the very reason that it has the option to set the buttons in so they can sit flush with the faceplate.... But, having actually installed it in the Enthoo, I also wanted peeps to know **if you so choose not to push them in" that option is available also. At least I didn't have to. I lined the Reeven up with the BR Writer which is about 2.0 mm set in behind the faceplate, if ya use the Enthoo's 5-1/4 mounting holes for optical drives. Between the 5mm space, the 2 mm setback and the 0.5 offset from the lil pad, door closes just fine without pushing them in.

Thanks a lot, JackNaylor I appreciate the suggestion. I'll look into them. I've only found them at Performance PCs so far. But the controller can help a lot with the rad fans. Thanks again.
    Bot mine here:

http://www.frozencpu.com/search.html...&go.x=0&go.y=0

Jack, is the face of the Six Eyes flush with sides of bay opening? Is it possible the door might be pushing the buttons in when it closes?

I remeasured and case face to 5.25 face is 14.8mm and door is 9.9mm thick making the space between them 4.9mm.
    Just checked..... it's not perfectly flush but danged close to it.....it matches the BR writer which is set in 2.5mm in in order to have the BR line up with the cases mounting screw holes.

Ya also have two lil round pads on the door that hold it off the case about 0.33 to 0.50mm

What I notice tho is that on the hinge side of the BR Writer I used the slot mount instead of the single round hole mount and that side, I never noticed till now is only set on about 1.5mm and neither side seems to hit. With door cracked like an 1/8th inch, there';s still space between the button and door and since that's very close to the hinge it either just kissses it or misses by a hair.

Not really important though....if in your lineup it hits, push the buttons in....or let the door do it for ya

I watched a video review of the six eyes. That's the way it is supposed to work. You push the button and it comes out. After you adjust the fan, you push it back in. So it should work with the door.
    It's a given that it works with the buttons in. As indicated, I bought the Reeven for the very reason that it has the option to set the buttons in so they can sit flush with the faceplate.... But, having actually installed it in the Enthoo, I also wanted peeps to know **if you so choose not to push them in" that option is available also. At least I didn't have to. I lined the Reeven up with the BR Writer which is about 2.0 mm set in behind the faceplate, if ya use the Enthoo's 5-1/4 mounting holes for optical drives. Between the 5mm space, the 2 mm setback and the 0.5 offset from the lil pad, door closes just fine without pushing them in.