Thread: Fan question

Fan question

I'm looking to buy your fans for my rig, going 140mm everywhere and ditch my 120s... hoping to have more airflow and quieter system.

Im just wondering if the PH-F140HP and the PH-F140SP are the same actual fan and motor, just simply with different mounting/contour/plastic ?

No. They are not the same fan and motor. You can take a look at the specs and see the differences. 4pin vs 3 pin, RPM, Airflow, etc.
    http://www.phanteks.com/PH-F140SP.html
    http://www.phanteks.com/PH-F140HP.html

Super Moderator
    They are not the same but performance is similar.

Sorry but I have to say my PH-F140HP fans are not PWM They are 3 pin, are not 4 pin.

How do you plan to use them? Where in the case and the like.

I have both but have not tested them to see how closely their performance is yet.
    Last edited by doyll; 12-30-2013 at 01:19 PM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Okay, well I currently have 5 fans, 2x140mm of Fractal design fans as intake (define r4 case), and 3noctua 120mm (1 on the Thermalright ultra heatsink (nf-p12), one on gpu heatsink (old 8800gt with thermalright heatsink w/ nf-p12) and one as exhaust (nf-s12)

Im thinking to put the HP on the cpu thats for sure, but the rest of the fans would be attached to the case, not sure how much exactly, 2 in front for sure, 1 in the back, and only maybe 1 on the side and bottom intake...

my gpu is changing so i wont need an extra fan for that part
    i will be using a fan controller so i dont really mind the pwm or 3pin connector

could you tell me if the noise is similarly and the same level or one quieter than the other?

thx

Super Moderator
    I suggest the PH-F140XP for case and a Swiftech 8-way PWM splitter or 2x Gelid 4-way PWM splitters. Use your CPU fan header on motherboard for PWM control and the PWM hub / splitters use PSU for 12v power. You can use the PWM signal from GPU for some fans too if you want. This way all fans idle when system is not working hard and when system does work they speed up as needed to supply case and components with cool air.

All systems I build are PWM controlled.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;