Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very disappointed with Side panel glass quality

Very disappointed with Side panel glass quality

Not sure if I received a defective set but both side panel glasses are milky foggy blurred with uneven clarity anything but clear smoked glass.

The best way I can describe it is, it's as if there is a protective cover still over the glass but of course there is not.

I contacted support 4 days ago but as yet they have not gotten back to me.

Does anybody else have the same issue?

I have the exact same issue. Looks really bad, everything else about the case is perfect but the glass is really bad. funny thing is on mine the smaller piece is very clear while the bigger section is terrible. Did you every get anywhere with Phanteks on this QC issue?

My first request for support on this issue was sent about the time of the OP. They asked for pictures and acknowledged there is a problem and said they would do something but I'm still waiting.
    I emailed again two week ago to see what they are going to do about it. They responded to all my questions, mainly PWM controller availability, but ignored my query about the glass. I'm very disappointed it's taking so long. I'm exploring just replacing the side glass my self but the tabs and alignment ridge that secure the glass would have to be cut off or flattened to accommodate new glass so I have been putting it off because it's a major chore but I'm becoming impatient. For sure I'm not getting used to the blurry glass.
    Last edited by owcraftsman; 04-28-2014 at 03:19 PM.

I have emailed as well and have not heard back either. Worse case scenario for me, I have time to return the case if they are not willing to do something about it in a timely manner. But even if I return it chances are very likely the next Primo will have the same issue.

For me the case is just too good in so many other ways but no doubt CS is lacking. I expect a resolve but it may take some more time if I am to take them at there word. If you can't live with the glass it may be best to send back asap because nothing about them is fast. I suspect their relationship with the vendor who builds the case is strained at best at this point. Likely the next case they offer will be from a different vendor if the current one can't stand behind there product.

Super Moderator
    I've dealt with customer support several times sense Phanteks started selling the TC1PE and have always had good service and support. My only complaint is how long it's taking for accessories for Enthoo Primo and new Enthoo Luxe and Enthoo Pro to reach the market.. and I believe that is more the manufacturer's fault than Phanteks'. It seems many companies having products made in China are having problems with delivery dates.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I would just like to find a new big window or the complete panel to buy.

**It doesn't seem that Phanteks has figured out that their customers need service and if we can't get it we won't buy any more of
    their cases. I will still recommend the case but I will inform people that if they have a problem their plum out of luck.

I finally did get a replacement glass about a month ago now. Sadly it was no better than the first and they only sent the main large panel when both were cloudy. It appears to me Customer service and quality control are both lacking but I can't emphasize enough it was the only issue I had. Everything other than the glass is top notch. Bare minimum they need a new supplier for the glass.

FYI it wasn't my email or live chat that got me the replacement glass it was posting my woes in a thread over at OCN that was noticed by a Phanteks rep who frequents that thread. The thread can be found here.
    I bought some Polycarbonate and replaced both panels myself and couldn't be happier with the results.

I do hope they fix this for the future and believe they will. I don't think they had any idea how popular there cases would be hence the growing pains. I suspect they have learned some valuable lessons and we can expect some great things in the future.

Super Moderator
    The plastic windows are not glass clear. That's just the way they are. Personally I don't see it as a problem, but I can understand those who want a more optically clear "glass window".

The side panel window opening have a 2.4-2.7mm lip / edge on inside so no easy way to fit a custom made window flush with outside. The tabs to hold window in place would need to be removed to install a custom window. That or cut the openings in the new window for them to go into .. so removing is easier. Than double side stick tabs 2.5-2.7mm thick could be used to fix a new window in place. Doing this, the replacement window could be a 52x52cm square of polycarbonate, acrylic or even real glass attached with double side foam mounting tape like used to mount mirrors or maybe Velcro tape?
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

According to Webster
    glass
    noun, often attributive \ˈglas, ˈgläs\

: a hard usually transparent material that is used for making windows and other products

In science, the term glass is defined in a broader sense, encompassing every solid that possesses a non-crystalline (i.e. amorphous) structure and exhibits a glass transition when heated towards the liquid state. These sorts of glasses can be made of quite different kinds of materials: metallic alloys, ionic melts, aqueous solutions, molecular liquids, and polymers. For many applications (bottles, eyewear) polymer glasses (acrylic glass, polycarbonate, polyethylene terephthalate) are a lighter alternative to traditional silica
    glasses.

Therefore obviously GLASS can be polycarbonate, acrylic or more traditional Silicate. I believe your definition is limited at best but If you insist that glass is only Silicate then we shall have to agree to disagree.

If you want to install new glass in your Primo I have a detailed work log linked below.

Enthoo Primo New Custom Polycarbonate Glass work log