Thread: Enthoo Pro PWM Hub

Enthoo Pro PWM Hub

Hi! Newbie to these forums so excuse my lack of knowledge. I am planning on buying an enthoo pro and i don't understand how the fan hub works. The motherboard i will be using is going to be a Gigabyte Z97MX-Gaming 5 which has only one fan header that is pwm modulated. In the manual it says that the connection of the hub should be connected to the "CPU_FAN" input. That is fine. But, where does the 4-pin connector of the phanteks ph-tc12dx cooler i will be using, go? To the "FAN1" of the hub? Sorry for the long winded post. I should note that every other fan header on the motherboard is not pwm modulated rather it is the "fake" 12v modulated signal.

Super Moderator
    I looked at the manual for your motherboard. It does not say there is a PWM signal pin on any of the fan headers. The CPU_FAN header says it is "Speed Control" but that may or may not be PWM signal.

This is a common problem in the industry at present. The manufacturers name and call things my names and slogans designed for marketing. Trying to find out what something really is is usually impossible because custom service does not know and they cannot find out or connect us to someone who does know.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

hi, i just bought a enthoo pro and i am wondering what is the max safe current i can pull from the fans for the fan hub with the 12v external power connected, i believe that is a important spec and isn't on the manual.

Edit: Actually there is on manual, is a 30w max power. Is a shame that i can't use the 12v power connector to auxiliary the power from pwm header on motherboard.
    Last edited by N4pst3r; 07-11-2014 at 03:08 AM.

Super Moderator
    Indeed 30w total. I assume that is 5w per header but not sure as FAN 1 is "control" fan header for only one fan.

PWM fan hubs are now available from Phanteks USA and I assume soon from retailers.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;