Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pwm hub??

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by apt View Post
    There's talk about primary fan connected to port 1 of the hub, could this be the actual CPU cooler fan as there's been mention of where to connect this as the 4 pin from the hub is connected to where this would go on the mobo.
    Sorry for late reply. You can, but most CPU cooler fans are PWM fans. I would suggest using a PWM splitter for CPU cooler fan with the rpm monitor lead in splitter connected to PWM controlled fan hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Cannavarojo9 View Post
    can anyone make a drawing what to connect where. this is so complicated!
    maxbet
    I think the manual give a good discription and pictures / drawings of how to connect the PWM controlled fan hub.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Quote Originally Posted by essenbe View Post
    It does not matter if you don't use it at all. If you connect the supplied 4 pin cable to port #1 on the hub and to the PWM header on your mobo, you can connect up to 11 (I think) fans, whether 3 or 4 pin to the hub. They will all be controlled by the PWM header you connected it to. Or you can plug the molex connecter labeled power to a molex connector, and every fan you connect to the fan hub will run 100%. You could connect the supplied cable to the PWM hub on the mobo, and connect your CPU cooler to the hub and it will be controlled like every other fan connected to it. I'm pretty sure I got all that right.
    Quick question, so I have a BeQuiet CPU Rock Shadow Cooler that I can't connect to the CPU_FAN header since the controller will be plugged into it. So on my CPU Cooler, can I plug in my 4 pin into the 3 pin on FAN1?

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    Sorry for late reply. You can, but most CPU cooler fans are PWM fans. I would suggest using a PWM splitter for CPU cooler fan with the rpm monitor lead in splitter connected to PWM controlled fan hub.

I think the manual give a good discription and pictures / drawings of how to connect the PWM controlled fan hub.
    But shouldn't it come with the splitter or a 4 pin connection for the CPU cooler since the CPU_FAN header is used by the controller? Most people who buy this case expect it to go out of the box, CPU Fan to the hub. The hub should accept a 4 pin connection from the CPU cooler without splitting anything. I'm not understanding this, the controller takes away the header for my CPU cooler, so now I can't use my CPU cooler without having to buy an additional part to use the cooler?