Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Case suggestions & improvements

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Testing123 View Post
    No, what I want is for Phanteks to extend the Evolv ATX case motherboard tray by 8mm. It already supports a width of 264mm, which is a full 20mm wider than the ATX standard (305 244 mm). Since it does support up to 264mm it is not a true ATX case as you assert here:

Therefore, I am simply requesting that the good folks at Phanteks extend the motherboard tray of the Evolv ATX a mere 8mm in width to support to widest motherboards being released today that aren't true E-ATX (305 330 mm) in dimension.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1418637/o...#post_25308531
    You are correct. My bad.
    So many 'ATX' cases support up to 264 width I've started considering it normal.
    It is looking like the Rampage V Edition 10 will not fit. User is still trying.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    You are correct. My bad.
    So many 'ATX' cases support up to 264 width I've started considering it normal.
    Not a problem, completely understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    It is looking like the Rampage V Edition 10 will not fit. User is still trying.
    Thanks...
    Even if he's able to make it work, it's gonna be a kludge (a workaround or quick-and-dirty solution that is clumsy, inelegant, inefficient, difficult to extend and hard to maintain). Thus, my request for Phanteks to add 8mm to the width of the Evolv ATX motherboard tray area.
    It does not seem an unreasonable request to me, but then again, I am not in the business of making commercial computer cases.
    I only know that I very much like the Phanteks Evolv ATX TG case and would like to put an ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 into one.
    To me, extending the current case by 8mm in width constitutes an improvement and so I am making a suggestion for an improvement in the Case suggestions & improvements thread.

1. Please make ALL your dust filter magnetic specifically the front panel.
    2. Please make a version of your Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - a one sided one and the other as a regular aluminum cover. Having both sides as glass seems a little bit too much.
    3. I know that you can make the Tempered Glass a toolless sidepanel with swing door, you just have to put a hinge on its side like a regular Evolv ATX has.
    4. Make the PSU cover non-perforated just like in NZXT's so as not to see the cables underneath.
    5. Add USB-C in front panel, for future proofing
    Last edited by rmSX13; 07-02-2016 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rmSX13 View Post
    1. Please make ALL your dust filter magnetic specifically the front panel.
    2. Please make a version of your Evolv ATX Tempered Glass - a one sided one and the other as a regular aluminum cover. Having both sides as glass seems a little bit too much.
    3. I know that you can make the Tempered Glass a toolless sidepanel with swing door, you just have to put a hinge on its side like a regular Evolv ATX has.
    4. Make the PSU cover non-perforated just like in NZXT's so as not to see the cables underneath.
    5. Add USB-C in front panel, for future proofing
    I can agree with all of the above suggestions.

1. I've not worked with the Evolv ATX TG in person*, but from the videos I've seen, it appears the front panel dust filter is harder to get off than it should be.
    2. I suppose the thinking with the tempered glass on both sides was for presentation in an open environment... a living room, or some such where the entire case will be on display. However, I have a feeling that many will probably be used for desktop enthusiast's systems where the right side panel will be much less visible or visually important. Also, one less TG side panel means one less side panel to check for cleanliness on a frequent basis. And, just to add, it may be easier to move around if needed with at least one metal side panel as opposed to 2 glass side panels.
    Maybe offer a metal side panel as an add-on.
    3. I love the swinging/hinged door and the way it's implemented on the Evolv ATX. Not sure if that could be done safely and reliably with an all-tempered glass panel. You don't want it loose or not secure and a solid connection to the case is important for that as well as sound considerations. If it could be done, that'd be great.
    4. As I noted in #1, I've not used the case myself*, so I'll defer to rmSX13's experience here.
    5. Having only 2 USB 3.0 connections on the front panel for such an expensive case seems a bit suspect. If it's a space consideration, maybe lose the reset button (does anyone really use it anymore?) and add a type-c connector in its place.

*If the good folks at Phanteks had gone with a motherboard tray width of 272mm instead of stopping at 264mm for the Evolv ATX, I'd have been one of the 1st on the list of anxious buyers.
    Last edited by Testing123; 07-02-2016 at 10:33 AM.

They finally released the Phanteks Enthoo Luxe tempered glass case. It is a beautiful case that comes in a gray version and a black one. When wil they bring out a white version?

@Bill K.
    maybe never...

i asked them a week ago:
    The side panel tempered glass is not compatible with the current Enthoo Luxe. For the moment, we do not have plans to release a white version of it.

Hope to have you informed sufficiently.

Best,
    Phanteks Team
    What a pity. I would like an white version also, but now i am quite comfortable with the grey one, because it will fit to my Samsung Side-by-Side Fridge, which is also in grey Aluminium

cheers

It is a very good and interesting for that.gclub

Hi all,

I would like to suggest Phanteks to offer an accesory part for the EvolV ATX TG like this top mod, in order to improve case temperatures:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1598825/p...#post_25793481

Many thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by MoDeNa; 01-21-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MoDeNa View Post
    Hi all,

I would like to suggest Phanteks to offer an accesory part for the EvolV ATX TG like this top mod, in order to improve case temperatures:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1598825/p...#post_25793481

Many thanks for your attention.

Kind regards,
    A few things I don't understand in that radiator tray mod. Why not remove all of the two radiator brackets crossing radiator? The radiator would be supported by both end mounts so no need for the ones in between.
    Cutting off all the vertical pieces remove any structural support those pieces had before, so no reason to keep them in the tray.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

My suggestion for your cases is this: the USB3 connector is great in that you do not have to attach all these separate connections.
    But the one problem I have run into is that when connected, the USB3 plug and cable stick out from the motherboard and this has gotten in the way of my water cooling components, as far as mounting options.

So... make the USB3 plug/connector at a 90 degree angle such as the way some SATA cables have 90 degree angled plugs on one end of the SATA cable. Then you don't bump into the cable putting stress on the motherboard connector if you hit the cable, etc. and you can have a little more room for mounting options of other gear. Or include an adapter to change the end of the USB3 cable and plug from straight to a 90 degree angle.
    My Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass Edition ATX case is amazing, by the way.
    Thanks!