Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question????

Quote Originally Posted by dchh View Post
    Don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know where I can get a second PWM adapter for the PH-F140TS fan I got? It's an extra upgrade I decided to get to attach it to the back of an existing PH-TC14PE which already came with a PWM adapter that I obviously can't connect to this extra fan.
    I guess you can buy a regular splitter and put in the PWM adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by kaakaan View Post
    I guess you can buy a regular splitter and put in the PWM adapter.
    I did consider that but I already have the supplied splitter with the PH-TC14PE plugged into the adapter and I don't want to have to connect yet another splitter incase it puts unnecessary strain on either the adapter or the fan header.

Super Moderator
    I did consider that but I already have the supplied splitter with the PH-TC14PE plugged into the adapter and I don't want to have to connect yet another splitter incase it puts unnecessary strain on either the adapter or the fan header.
    Running 2 fans on one adapter and 1 on another will means fans will not all spin the same speed. Phanteks says it's safe to run 3 of their fans on one of their PWM adapters
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Startech-inc...3-pin+splitter

Buy one of these and plug into the PWM adapter.

once i get my cooler installed i will post it to instagram and send it to you brian.. i have a knack at taking computer component glamour shots

Well, thanks for the replies, however, I did notice on other forums that owners of the PH-TC14PE have been able to get a spare PWM adapter from Phanteks support department, mostly for those with the early version of the cooler but I thought that they might at least have the adapter for sale as a separate item. I'm going to try to email the company and see how I get on.

Super Moderator
    As I said in post #14

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    Running 2 fans on one adapter and 1 on another will means fans will not all spin the same speed. Phanteks says it's safe to run 3 of their fans on one of their PWM adapters
    You need to run on adapter to 3 fans or 3 adapters for 3 fans to keep all fans spinning same speed.
    Last edited by doyll; 05-31-2013 at 02:03 AM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I understand what you are saying. To clarify, the mobo I'm using has several different PWM headers. I don't need the fans to all run at exactly the same speed. Just react to the temperature and manage as the BIOS/OS sees fit. As a stop gap measure, due to the tone of the noise of the fan at full tilt annoying me a bit, I've decided to use the supplied resistor to slow the fan down to a more tolerable volume. However I will keep your advice in mind if Phanteks doesn't give me a reply, positive or other wise. Just find it strange that they haven't even sent out an automated acknowledgement message. Maybe the guys over there are busy?

I understand what you are saying. To clarify, the mobo I'm using has several different PWM headers. I don't need the fans to all run at exactly the same speed. Just react to the temperature and manage as the BIOS/OS sees fit. As a stop gap measure, due to the tone of the noise of the fan at full tilt annoying me a bit, I've decided to use the supplied resistor to slow the fan down to a more tolerable volume. However I will keep your advice in mind if Phanteks doesn't give me a reply, positive or other wise. Just find it strange that they haven't even sent out an automated acknowledgement message. Maybe the guys over there are busy?
    i had the same issue it took getting brian to email them about it to get the support i needed. the support was good though once they responded.. if they give you a price on that adapter shooot me an inbox with it. im curious as well

My thanks to Brian and all those at Phanteks support. Got the new PWM adapter and it works brilliantly. Thumbs up for their support.