Thread: What is the Molex "LED Strip" connector for in EP case?

What is the Molex "LED Strip" connector for in EP case?

This wire originates from the top of the case with the other USB, switches, etc. wires. But it is a male 4 pin power connector but only two wires going to it. Is there a female connector somewhere in the case that I can't locate? I have a newer case that has SATA power connector going to the fan hub; there is no other 4 pin molex connectors that I can find.

I am waiting for parts (including psu) for this build so have not powered up the case yet. Is this the power to the blue LED strip? Do I need an adapter?

Hope this is not a stupid question!! Thx for your help!

Its there to give you the option to power additional LED strips I believe, these will be able to be turned on/off via your exterior case switch. Its only two wires as that's all you need for the 12v from a molex connector.

Your case leds top and front are actually two separate strips, they can be turned off from the button on top of the case also. Basically it just there so that you don't have to have any extra leds powered all the time because they've given you the means to tie it in with the switch.