Thread: PH-TC14PE AM4 compatibility

PH-TC14PE AM4 compatibility

Hey all,

I have 3 questions I am pondering:

1. If I buy a PH-TC14PE now, will it come with mounting brackets that support the AM4 socket? Or do I have to request them seperately from support or something? The website doesn't list AM4 at all, but I read that Phanteks supports AM4 in general, right?

2. Can I use the included fan clips to replace the stock fans with other square frame 140mm fans? Thinking a pair of PH-F140MP's, mainly because they're black.

3. How is the RAM clearance of the PH-TC14PE? Would it fit with two G.Skill Trident Z RAM sticks on an ASUS Crosshair VII Hero borad?

Thanks to anyone who can help,

Cheers
    vladnik

Super Moderator
    All new PH-TC14PE coolers have AM4 mount.

The included fans are same basic fan as PH-F140MP so there is no reason to change them

Trident Z are 44mm tall so are about 39mm above top of CPU. Bottom fins are 45mm above CPU. But to fit a 140mm fan over Trident Z RAM your case will need 179mm of CPU clearance.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Hi doyll,

thanks for your answer!

It's reassuring to hear that the PH-TC14PE includes an AM4 mount. You guys should consider updating the product page to inform potential buyers in the future.

I figured as much with the fans after checking the specs on the website, but the white frame kinda ruins it for me, as I'm going with an all black build... Is it possible to remove the impeller and paint the frame? Or would it destroy a seal on the bearing or something?

I'm planning to build in the Phanteks Enthoo Pro, so the ~180mm clearance on the cooler shouldn't be a problem

Thanks again for the detailed answer,

Cheers
    vladnik

Super Moderator
    Just so you know, I do not work for Phanteks. I do some testing and reviewing and have used a lot of Phanteks products because I've found them to be good.

I don't think the impeller can be removed but you could still paint the fans. What I've found to be best is the vinyl/leather upholstery dye. It's thinner than paint but covers better. I think I would try using a small brush or dauber and black dye. Try finding a auto detailing shop that dyes seats and try to get them to sell you a litle of their black dye.

Enthoo Pro is a good case. Same skeleton case as Enthoo Luxe with different front and top. But the 200mm front fan is garbage .. the only product from Phanteks that is. A single 140mm moves more air. I know the website says case comes with PH-F140SP, but the 140mm fan that case comes with has a PH-F140SP housing and 1200rpm motor with a PH-F140MP impeller. Same impeller as used on PH-F140HP_II and PH-F140MP PH-F140MP comes in all black 1600rpm and PWM. I suggest you buy 2x or maybe 3x PH-F140MP fans for front intakes and maybe a bottom intake.. they are all black. I like bottom intake with PSU shroud removed to push cool air up into GPU, but if you are not using a powerful gaming GPU you won't need bottom intake.

I use a caster base too, but that's another story.

I suggest you remove all PCIe back slot covers to create a nice exhaust vent around GPU. This greatly improves front to back airflow around GPU and lowers temps nicely.

Another nice little trick on Enthoo Luxe and Enthoo Pro is the 2 bottom filters can be attached together as instructed in link below so they slide out the front as one long filter. Don't need to move case anymore to pull and clean bottom filters.
    Last edited by doyll; 08-23-2018 at 02:51 AM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Oh, good to know you're not working for Phanteks, I just figured since you're a Super Mod on their forums... My bad

I'll see about painting the fans. I have a car modding shop nearby, I'm gonna talk to them and see what they have to say. But if I can't take the fans apart, it would still be a hassle painting them...
    Maybe I'll just stick to the all-black version of the PH-140MP, seeing as it is on sale here for around 7€ (~8$) and buy, like, 10 pieces to plaster all around the case ^^

Yeah, I love the Enthoo Pro, features/$$ is unbeatable. I'm actually going for the Tempered Glass Edition, so no 200mm front intake, which I would have replaced anyway. The other fans are going as well, since they arent PWM anyways. I'm planning on two PH-F140MP's in the front, three at the top, one in the back and two on the CPU cooler, so 8 in total. Not sure yet if want to put one in the bottom as I'd have to give up the PSU shroud, which I want to keep for aesthaetics. The reason for three top fans is I want to watercool in the future, so I'll have the fans on hand. Thanks for the tip with removing the PCIe slot covers, am gonna test that for sure. Propably will be foregoing the casters since I have no need for them (for now, but good to know, kinda CaseLabs-y, I like it. RIP CL)

The dust filter mod is glorious, I will 100% be doing that. Shame Phanteks didn't think of this themselves.

Again, thanks for all the input mate, it's really appreciated

Cheers,
    vladnik

Hi guys,

I am just wanting to clarify this...

If I was to order PH-TC12DX CPU COOLER - BLACK, it will come with an AM4 bracket without me needing to request through support?

Thanks,
    Kaya

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JustWantAnAm4Cooler View Post
    Hi guys,

I am just wanting to clarify this...

If I was to order PH-TC12DX CPU COOLER - BLACK, it will come with an AM4 bracket without me needing to request through support?

Thanks,
    Kaya
    All coolers made in last year come with AM4 mount included.

I don't suppose anyone on the blue team would be willing to part with their AM4 bracket? I bought mine close to 5 years ago when they were sold with AM2/3 brackets, and have had a bitch of a time trying to get an AM4 bracket. Don't have my paperwork anymore, so they're pretty much telling me I'm SOL. You can't even buy the things online anywhere.

So if any of you want to put the AM4 bracket on eBay and dm me the listing, I'm not opposed to buying it for a reasonable price at this point.