Thread: Aorus 1080Ti Glacier Waterblock fitting

Question Aorus 1080Ti Glacier Waterblock fitting

Hi,

I'm hoping you can help: I've got two Aorus 1080GTX Ti GFX cards, and have bought the compatible Phanteks Watercooling blocks. I've got a question about where the thermal pads need to go: do any need to be placed on the chokes, or should they be left without a pad on them?

I've put the VRAM pads on (Position 1), and have put the pads on the Vdd VRM (Orange, although came with a yellow sticker), but the diagram, and a video I have seen shows position 3 on the VDD Mosfet and the Chokes - is this correct?

Thanks for any help you can give!

Quote Originally Posted by SabreSix View Post
    Hi,

I'm hoping you can help: I've got two Aorus 1080GTX Ti GFX cards, and have bought the compatible Phanteks Watercooling blocks. I've got a question about where the thermal pads need to go: do any need to be placed on the chokes, or should they be left without a pad on them?

I've put the VRAM pads on (Position 1), and have put the pads on the Vdd VRM (Orange, although came with a yellow sticker), but the diagram, and a video I have seen shows position 3 on the VDD Mosfet and the Chokes - is this correct?

Thanks for any help you can give!
    I've got pretty the same question, how did you deal with it?