Thread: Questions about a gaming computer build?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Questions about a gaming computer build?

Update: CPU- Intel I5
    CPU COOLER- Phanteks PH-TC14PEE BK78.1 CFM
    Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLIATX LGA1150
    RAM-Team Vulcan 8gb (2 x 4gb)
    SSD- Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State, or Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5' Solid State Drive
    Hard Drive-Segate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    Graphics- I am not sure if I should have 1 or 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0

If You could just answer the things I was questioning above such as the SSD size and the Graphics I would be really happy. Initiative Q NUTRA THRIVE Noom diet plan
    Last edited by Diseda96; 11-12-2018 at 10:49 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Diseda96 View Post
    Update: CPU- Intel I5
    CPU COOLER- Phanteks PH-TC14PEE BK78.1 CFM
    Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SLIATX LGA1150
    RAM-Team Vulcan 8gb (2 x 4gb)
    SSD- Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State, or Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB 2.5' Solid State Drive
    Hard Drive-Segate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM
    Graphics- I am not sure if I should have 1 or 2 EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB ACX 2.0

If You could just answer the things I was questioning above such as the SSD size and the Graphics I would be really happy. Initiative Q NUTRA THRIVE Noom diet plan
    Really need to know what case you are going to use to be sure cooler and fan over RAM will fit in it.

GA-Z97X-SLIATX LGA1150 has plenty of room from center CPU toward PCIe sockets is about 93.4mm to nearest x16 PCIe, so plenty of room for cooler to fit and not interfere with GPU, but there is an x1 PCIe 20.2 mm closer to CPU. Most users do not use that one so no problem.

Team Vulcan RAM is 32-33mm tall so will fit under cooler .. that means case needs to have about 169mm CPU clearance for fan to fit over RAM.

256GB SSD is good .. I would definitely not go smaller.

128GB HHD is too small for me, but if it is what you have it's better than no HDD.

While 2x GPUs will give more power than a single GPU, a got single one is more than enough for most users. There are many problems with using multiple GPUs starting with cooling. Mosts cases either need all new case fans or at the very least re-positioning the ones included with case. Most good case setups can support a 140mm fanned CPU cooler and a 2x-3x 80/90mm fanned GPU, but this requires at least 2x good 140mm front intakes with 3x 140mm being the minimum I use. I also remove all back PCIe slot covers for more rear venting and better front to back airflow around GPU for cooler air to GPU as well as CPU cooler fans. Below is link to guide about case airflow and how to optimize it.
    http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread...t=ways+cooling

=i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I also think that you have to choose at least 256GB SSD.