Thread: Case fans arenít running through fan hun

Case fans arenít running through fan hun

So I just built my first pc and everything runs smoothly except for all of the fans that are connected to the fan hub. I plugged the 4 pin connector from the hub to the CHA_FAN1 connector on my mobo (asrock taichi z370). I have 3 LL120 fans from Corsair on the front and the stock fan in the rear and 2 on top. When I first booted up my pc the from fans would shine their rgb lights like it should but after switching things around to get all the fans to run and then ending up plugging everything back like how it first was the lights wouldn’t even come on. Then I tried to take out all the fan connectors and testing each one at a time. One fan would run but if I plugged in another it would stop or twitch. Also have a 750W G1+ EVGA psu so I don’t think i don’t have enough power? Need some help please. Thanks in advance

Also the D-RGB FAN and M/B D-RGB 3-pin cables... WHERE DO THOSE GO?!
    Last edited by Atombo; 11-27-2018 at 08:52 PM.

I am having the same problem. Contacted customer support and now I'm looking for my invoice so they can send me a new fan hub. I'm using the LL RGB also with one rear 140, three 120 on top and two 140 on the front with my h115i AIO in a pull configuration.

I've tried everything I can think of and the fans spin when plugged directly into the motherboard (maximus xi hero) so I can only conclude the hub is defective.

I recommend contacting support so they can send you a new one.

EKinSC

I have read many forum posts both here and elsewhere about fan issues. They have not helped me solve my problem.
    This one seems relevant.

I am building my 1st PC in a while. Using a Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X case, Asus Maximus IX Code motherboard and a Corsair H115i AIO cooler.

Fresh Windows 10 x64 Pro install updated to latest build.

The issue I have is the 3x case fans dont seem to be working properly.

The H115i and Phanteks fans are suggested to both be plugged into the CPU_FAN header. I can't do that at the moment as I dont have a splitter.

In anycase if I put the H115i on another header and use the cpu fan header for the case fans they still do not work.

No issue with the H115i fans in other headers, they work fine.

If I boot the PC from a fresh start the rear case fan spins for less than a minute then stops. The front 2 case fans don't move at all.

I've checked all the cables and everything is plugged in ok. Tried DC and PWM in the bios and makes no difference. Even if i set the fans to manual 100%.

Could it be a dodgy Phanteks fan hub causing this?
    Or dodgy fans? Or a combo of both?

Tomorrow I'll try plug the fans, individually, directly onto the motherboard to see of they work ok.

Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Atombo View Post
    Also the D-RGB FAN and M/B D-RGB 3-pin cables... WHERE DO THOSE GO?!
    I too have this question!

Quote Originally Posted by chemicallymark View Post
    Tomorrow I'll try plug the fans, individually, directly onto the motherboard to see of they work ok.
    I have now plugged each fan into a header manually and each fan works.

So the only other item I can think of is, as per dozens of other users, is that the Phanteks fan hub is faulty and preventing the fans from working properly.

Very annoying after paying 200 quid for a new case!

I tried plugging the fans into non used the "4-pin" ports on the fan hub and all the fans work now. But at full speed so they're quite loud....

Seems as though the "4-pin fan 1 connection" only works on boot up. And none of the "3-pin" ports on the fan hub work.

Any ideas if the fans can be controlled off the "4-pin" ports even though all 3 of the case fans are 3 pin?

Thanks.

I'm having similar issue w/ my case fans as well on a new build w/ Evolv X case... frustrating.

I just bought the Phanteks fan hub from their site... not sure where to connect it.... help.

Any Phanteks techs checking customer posts?? HELP...

Quote Originally Posted by 5-Card-Major View Post
    I'm having similar issue w/ my case fans as well on a new build w/ Evolv X case... frustrating.

I just bought the Phanteks fan hub from their site... not sure where to connect it.... help.
    I have the Phanteks fan hub that I just bought... HOWEVER, I want to use the Evolv X case fan connectors that are on the fan hub that came with the case... need someone to list the steps involved...how to exactly set all the connections...

I have an Asus Maximus Hero XI MB, a Noctua NH-U12A heatsink/fan for CPU, and 7 Noctua 120mm fans (3 in front as intake, 3 on top as exhaust, and 1 in rear as exhaust).