Thread: Phanteks Evolv X : the HDD cage makes noise

Question Phanteks Evolv X : the HDD cage makes noise

Hello !

I just finished editing my PC, in a Phanteks Evolv X, but I am encountering a problem :

The HDD cage makes noise : it's not super loud but I can hear it spin up and click as the head moves.

Do you have a solution please ?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXAce View Post
    Hello !

I just finished editing my PC, in a Phanteks Evolv X, but I am encountering a problem :

The HDD cage makes noise : it's not super loud but I can hear it spin up and click as the head moves.

Sounds like it not the HDD cage, but the HDD that is making the noises .. sadly that is the nature of the beast. HDDs make spinning noises and clicks as head moves. The only way to avoid those noises is to not use HDDs. Sorry.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DroidXAce View Post
    Hello !

Sounds like it not the HDD cage, but the HDD that is making the noises .. sadly that is the nature of the beast. HDDs make spinning noises and clicks as head moves. The only way to avoid those noises is to not use HDDs. Only other option is maybe set your system a little farther away, under something, or along side of something that stops the noise from reaching you. Sorry, but we now have our systems so quiet these little noises that we didn't used to hear because everything else was so much louder now annoy us.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

After some research, I'm not the only one to meet this problem on this case.

And yes the hard drives make noise, but the noise resonates / it is amplifying, hence this subject.

This case is not at all built for silent PCs. I recently charges chassis from Fractal Design to Phanteks, and sadly itís alot noisier. But is so much more convenient and good looking.

So if you want to keep the case. Build either custom dampening or change those HDDs to SSDs.
    There are a couple of good and easy dampening mats you can buy that does a fairly good job.