Thread: Phanteks evolve TG shorts out my tv when i touch the top panel???!!??

Unhappy Phanteks evolve TG shorts out my tv when i touch the top panel???!!??

I have a evolve TG in gray. its on a piece of wood that is on the floor. i have an hdmi cable out from a gtx 1080 to my tv. i also have a soundbar connected to my tv using hdmi (ARC). all 3 devices are connected to the same surge protector.

every now and then i go to plug something into the front usb 3.0 ports. if i tap/touch the top panel it my tv goes black for a few seconds and comes back. if i tap it again, it might happen again. but usually a 3rd time nothing happens anymore. when this happens i am not touching anything else, besides my feet (in shoes), touching the floor.

i am using one of those monster 28gb+ rated cables. what could be going on. where is the loop.

i think i figured it out. i painted clear nail polish on the lip (length wise from end to end). the slim edge that is the lowest point of the top panel. it seems to have solved my problems for now. but i feel like this is a temporary fix?!?