Thread: Need advice asap

Need advice asap

Hi All,
    Phanteks PH-F140HP II PH-F140HP_WT 2 140mm PWM Fan
    This fan is on sale now but some reviews claim that this fan has 120mm holes instead of 140mm and they do not fit the standard 120mm holes in cases.
    Considering this is a Phanteks case fan will it fit my Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full front 120mm slots that are factory made there? I want to replace the 200mm fan with 2 of these in front of my case.
    Not sure how long these will be on sale so am hoping that someone who got them and have them installed in a Phanteks case can post here. I don't want to have to drill extra holes in front case.

cheers

Super Moderator
    You can probably mount the PH-F140HP_II but you might not be able to use all 4 mounting holes. Reason is the 120mm mounting slots in middle area of case are probably not spaced far enough apart to fit 2x 140mm fans with 120mm fan mounting holes, but you could probably use some zip-ties / pull-ties to both secure 2x fans together and secure them on front vent panel.

Another option is to look for PH-F140MP on special. Here I can get 2-pack PH-F140MP for 16.26 making them only 8.13 each.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thanks doyll. I will look into the PH-F140MP today.
    I don't want to use zip-ties. greatly appreciate the info.

cheers

Super Moderator
    Honestly, if using black zipties and cutting off the ends once tight they usually go unnoticed, so if PH-F140MP are much more expensive I would use PH-F140HP_II. Same fans in different housings.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Ok I will take that into consideration also. Looking at the PH-F140MP they seem to have rubber or foam corners to reduce the noise and they look better. Maybe I will hold off for a short while to be sure.
    When someone gives me a valid suggestion I tend to ponder on it a while to convince myself lol.

thanks again

Super Moderator
    The PH-F140HP_II have round 'O' rings on their mounting holes to help with vibration. Keep in mind rubber between fan and what it is mounted to with screws does nothing to stop vibration because the mounting screws are tight against metal and into fan. A vibration damper requires something all the way around the mounting screw so there is something to absorb the vibration. Honestly I have never had a vibration problem with a Phanteks fan.

Thanks I believe the 2 fans that came with this Phanteks enthoo pro full are silent also. I had a vibration and found it was one of my 3.5 HHD drives. I stuck a folded piece of paper between the drive and the side and stopped all noise. I will remove it next time I pull the back panel off and see if it is installed properly. I may not have clipped it in secure. I don't plan on buying any other brand of case fans other than Phanteks. There are a lot of good reviews about them. Last night I got a chance to view the MP model case fans. I noticed some had same specs and totally different prices lol.
    Gotta look further into that and maybe ask on Newegg and Amazon why so big a difference.

cheers

Super Moderator
    My guess is the price difference is the only difference. As long PH-F140MP is model number they are the same. Here I see prices from 2-pack for 16.26 to single fans fan 33.30 with usual price being being 15.00-17.00 range.

Yes I don't understand the reason behind the price difference. I shall order two of the MP model. I think I will be happy with them.
    Waiting on Newegg and Amazon to reply about the price difference could take a long time lol.
    Thanks again for your replies.