Thread: rgb halo lux electric humming or buzzing when not at full power

Unhappy rgb halo lux electric humming or buzzing when not at full power

any one else notice a humm or buzz from the halos?

if i have them on a single color, with no "effect" they are fine.

but when i do any of the effects it kicks in. i think it has something to do when they arent receiving full power? if thats a thing.

it only kick in when they join the effect. like if i set it to "wave" in asus aura, i dont hear anything until the wave hits the Halos. and since they slowly get brighter you can hear it slowly get louder.

for example lets say the lights start at 0 (off) and go to 100 (on full power). i can hear it from about 15% to 95%. and it gets louder as they get brighter. but at full power, like single color with no effect, there is no sound.

not a big deal for me. i like a solid color. just wonder if its worth sending in for. i kind of would hate to have to dig into my case again (the shift is a pretty difficult case to work in when you have 2 AIO's in it). but if this can lead to bigger issues, i would want to exchange/rma them i guess.

adding: it does it during the color cycle effect too which is weird, since that doesnt really go low to high (brightness). it just cycles colors at full brightness.
    Last edited by carlosriosness; 02-26-2019 at 06:58 PM.