Thread: Case fans of Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Case fans of Phanteks Enthoo Pro

I just purchased a Phanteks Enthoo Pro (PH-ES614PTG_BK). I noticed the front and back case fans are off and run intermittently. They are both connected to the PWM Fan Hub that comes in the case. Is this normal behavior or are they supposed to be running all the time? Is there software to control settings for the PWM hub?

Super Moderator
    The Phanteks PWM fan hub is not a PWM fan hub. It is a PWM controlled fan hub for variable voltage fans. To control / setup component temp to fan speed curve you need to use motherboard fan header control software. That will control fan speed signal from motherboard to Phanteks PWM controlled fan hub and thus the speed of fans plugged into hub.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I'm using ASUS software and I have an asus prime x470-pro but the software doesn't see the fans. How should I connect the PWM? I have the CPU fan on CPU_FAN and the Phanteks CPU fan connector on CPU_OPT.

I should add the fans run at full speed through BIOS and start up. They only stop when windows starts up.

So I connected the SATA power supply connector and got the same result. I switched over to system fan without SATA power supply connector and the fans do the same thing. I connected the SATA power supply connector and the fans are now running even in windows. So, the working configuration is on system fan connector, CPU fan is connected on its own, and SATA power supply connector is connected.

One problem: front and back fans are spinning at full speed all the time. I go into my ASUS software (AI Suite 3). It sees it all as one fan and I cannot control the speeds. I try running the automatic fan tune up (sets the fan speeds) and still can't control the speeds. According to the motherboard manual all fan connectors, including the system fan connector that it is on, have the PWM control. I bought this case because the reviews said it is quiet. But it isn't with the fans like this.

I got this to work... there's a setting in the BIOS to set PWM for each fan.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by axescot View Post
    I got this to work... there's a setting in the BIOS to set PWM for each fan.
    So once the fan headers were functioning PWM headers the PWM controlled hub controls fan speeds as it should. Glad you got it shorted.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

doyll,

Thank you for your help getting the fans to work. I am now installing phanteks halos digital rgb frames onto the intake and exhaust fans. Do I plug them to the PWM hub? There are not instructions. Please advise.

Super Moderator
    If I remember correctly the Halos plug into light control. They definitely do not plug into fan header. Sorry I don't can't be of more help. Maybe do a search for 'installing Phanteks Halos' and look at one of the video guides.

When I connected to the mobo rgb headers, it worked but ithe colors were not synced with ASUS Aura. I connected to the case switch and it works perfectly!