Thread: Using Halos Lux with newer 3-pin RGB Headers?

Using Halos Lux with newer 3-pin RGB Headers?

I recently bought the Evolv Shift and did a new Coffee Lake build in it.

I'm using an ASUS Z370i mITX motherboard, which has its own LEDs and supports AURA Sync.

Problem is... ASUS, for whatever reason, saw fit to put the newer 3-pin Individually Adressable RGB header on the mITX board as the ONLY RGB header, instead of one of each (older 4-pin and newer 3-pin/IA) like on the bigger boards. If they had to use only one, why they used the "new" header which literally nothing supports yet, i have no idea...

Ive got a pair of Halos LUX brackets (1 140mm for the top fan, 1 120mm for the bottom intake) and they work just fine plugged into the RGB button on the top of the case...

What im curious about is if anyone knows of a way to adapt the newer 3 pin/IA header to the older 4-pin style so i could get the LUX integrated with AURA, instead of sitting at a static color (or however i set them with the case button) like they do now?

Its not a deal-breaker and definitely not Phanteks' fault here - the case is great and the frames are working great.

I'd just like to get them all talking.

Hey! I am having the same issue with my Evolv Shift + z370-i board. I have been googling for a couple hours trying to figure it out as this is my first foray into RGB.

I am not sure about a splitter/converter, but I would be equally appreciative if someone could point us in the right direction.

Just wanted to chime in that Im having the exact same problem.

Asus z370i mobo with Evolv Shift+ case and a couple of halo lux's.

As mentioned above all works well when they are attached to the case button but it would be REALLY nice if I could actually get these to sync up with Aura.

Cant have my RGB ram, mobo and Halos spazzing out and giving my children seizures. :P

Any help would be appreciated!

Ive got a thread going on Asus’ boards about this, too, but i thought id bump this one to see if anyone has any insight.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by HFB Zulu View Post
    Ive got a thread going on Asus’ boards about this, too, but i thought id bump this one to see if anyone has any insight.
    When you get this conundrum figured out please let us know how you got it all working.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

(1 140mm for the top fan, 1 120mm for the bottom intake), 3 pin/IA header to the older 4-pin style so i could get the LUX integrated with AURA,รองเท้ากีฬา น่ารู้ instead of sitting at a static color ข่าวทั่วไป(or however i set them with the case button),Its not a deal-breaker and definitely not Phanteks' fault here - the case is great and the frames are working great.

Heh, i never got this working.. but Phanteks did ship the Halos Lux dRGB versions, so... i guess thats a fix.