Cool Master 212 EVO cpu cooler
    Sadartooth R2.0 motherboard
    EVGA Super Nova 850w Gold PSU
    MSI R9 280x PSU
    1 SATA DVD Drive
    SATA III 6GB 1T drive
    SATA 500GB drive both drives on port 1-2 set on AHCI
    on in a Phanteks Enthoo Series case!

What would be a good cpu cooler replacement to get for this system with a mild oc tweak . I have been looking at the Phanteks Brand are they good? it should fit my case I hope.

I just bought my second PH-TC12DX for my other computer because I liked the first one I bought so much. Great cooler, good reviews, good memory clearance and looks good too. Good cooling too.

I have some pics posted here http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread...r-Cooled-Build

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    I just bought my second PH-TC12DX for my other computer because I liked the first one I bought so much. Great cooler, good reviews, good memory clearance and looks good too. Good cooling too.

I have some pics posted here http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread...r-Cooled-Build
    Nice! I just added my new FX 8370 chip an added my other fan to my CM 212 EVO cooler so far it's keeping my chip at 31c. Why didn't you try the Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler with the dual fans? That's what I might look into getting this fall . I need to do some more reading on fans to add into my case. Still learning what I need for exit and intake of air flow an what would be the best set-up.

Fall is here and when it comes to air cooling you can't go wrong with a Phanteks PH-TC14PE. If you have low profile RAM sticks, you should have no issues.
    If you have tall, high profile RAM sticks, you may have to modify a cooling tower to get it to fit, but this is pretty simple to do. I had to modify it to fit with my Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM. Once modified and installed, a cooling tower covered up 2 of my 4 sticks of RAM so at that point I decided to cover up the other 2 RAM sticks by using a third 120mm fan which had to be smaller than other 2 fans in order to fit with my RAM and still be able to line up properly with other 2 fans.
    Oh, I also did the sharpie mod on the 3 fans to make the Phanteks lettering stand out.
    It's a great, massive air cooler and with 3 fans plus a rear exhaust fan, that's 4 fans in a row pushing a hurricane of air out the back.

Modified Phanteks TC14PE.jpg
    Picture 165.jpg
    0315141303a.jpg
    0823132204.jpg

Are you looking to keep your processor and surrounding areas inside your case cool without worrying that your system is probably going to explode or worse, crash and shut down right before you could save all your work?

Gclub Royal

Super Moderator
    I'm in agreement about air cooling. A good air cooled system is really the best way to go at reasonable cost. Do not even consider CLC coolers because they are not very good at all. Not all AIO are CLC. Water cooling like Swiftech 220, 240, 320 X2 and EK Predator, or be quiet! Silent Loop are also good coolers. But going with any kind of decent water cooling is going to cost at least half again as much as air cooling does .. for no better results. And if you do not also water cool your GPU you are defeating the real purpose of water cooling because the hardest part of a performance system to cool and remove it's heated air is the GPU, not the CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnwick88 View Post
    Are you looking to keep your processor and surrounding areas inside your case cool without worrying that your system is probably going to explode or worse, crash and shut down right before you could save all your work?

Gclub Royal
    What are you talking about? Are you trying to cause trouble or what? What are you babbling on about 'processor and surrounding areas' 'probably explode or worse' all about? How is it relevant to this thread?
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;