Thread: Connecting PWM Hub

Connecting PWM Hub

I am building my first PC and noticed my case(Enthoo Pro Full Tower), came with a PWM hub.The problem is with connecting. I can connect the Hub to the CPU_Fan spot, but not sure where to connect the CPU fan(hyper cooler 212). I noticed on my mother board( Gigabyte G1 Gaming GA-z170x- Gaming 5 LGA 1151 Intel) that the System Fan headers are all four pins and from my research Four pins are PWM compatible, so I'm guessing my board is compatible even though it says absolutely nothing about PBM in the instructions. Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

Bababooey11, I have a Luxe with an ASRock M/B. I connected the 4 pin CPU cooler connector to the CPU 4 pin connector on the M/B. The M/B also has 3 and 4 pin chassis fan connectors. I did a bit of research and verified the chassis fan 4 pin connector was also PWM which I connected the PWM hub to and then connected all the 3 pin case fans to that.

The ASRock M/B came with a utility that allows me to control the fan speed of all the CPU and chassis fans and I was able to verify that I could control the speed of them all. I expect that most 4 pin fan headers would be PWM, what else would the 4th pin be used for?

Cheers,

Frank