Thread: Enthoo PH-F140SP Fan Issues

Enthoo PH-F140SP Fan Issues

1. The PH-F140SP fans that are installed in the Enthoo are different from the PH-F140SP fans sold separately. The ones ya buy separately have vibration isolators in each corner (well done BTW). But the ones that come pre-installed in the Enthoo do not. The ones that came with the case are 25.25 mm thick and the ones bought separately ate 27.00 mm thick. This causes some issues as the two fans are of different thickness:

a) When installed in the top fan chamber, the cover is now bowed up a little bit and takes some effort to close and open. Looking from the sides, it's level with the case at both ends but rises up above the case in the middle. Simple solution, I can shave down the plastic cross ribs a but to accommodate the thicker fans but this should be addressed.

b) When ya go and install the bottom radiator on the mounting tray, you have the spacing set by the 27.00 mm thick fan. When you now go and try and stick the 25.25 mm thick fan in there is no way to tighten it. The distance is fixed by the thicker 27.00 fan and now the thinner one wobbles around with the extra 1.75mm of space left. My solution was to buy an extra fan but that was $20 I shouldn't have had to spend. I would suggest that you make the rubber vibration isolators available to Enthoo customers if requested.

c) I had a scare because of this. I chose the length of my radiator screw based upon careful measurement with the 1st fan ..... had I randomly chosen the original case fan rather than the thicker one, the longer screws I picked for the 27mm fan could have damaged the radiator.

2. As far as I can determine, you can not install some rads (speaking NexXoS in this particular instance) in the bottom without buying extra hardware. When installing in the top chamber the screw heads rested in the indents of the fans which are correctly sized for the socket type screw heads. When installing to the bracket, the fans are on the top side of the bracket (at least according to the manual), so now the screw head rest on the bracket..... but the slot for the fan mounting is much wider than the screw heads so it passes right through.

a) My solution was to go out and buy washers, but finding one which was both small enough to catch the screw heads and wide enough to to not fall thru the slots was difficult. Needing 8, I bought 12 and then found that I could not use the same screws which I had used on the top rad..... the washer made them too short. Moving to the longer screws and they were too long..... my "Goldilocks" solution was to go back to the store and grab 4 more washers.... knowing this, stacking 2 different size washers (smaller on top, larger on bottom) would have been an easier hunt.

Recommended Solution.... allow for the fans to be installed under the bracket. This would require making allowances for the two screws at the front that hold the tray in place to be moved or slotted to allow for the height adjustment.

I know this is from 2013, but computer components are pretty standardized. Case fans that come pre-installed, especially the front ones, may differ as you describe. But purchasing standard case fans to add to cases should meet the same specs. If the case isn't designed for fans in certain places (or if certain size fans aren't recommended in certain places), then trying to force them may cause damage to various components. The only time I would expect someone to use additional hardware (washers and screws) to mount stuff is if there is a custom build that it outside the spec of the original case design. But again, the case design you are mentioning may have changed from 2013 to now.

I bought the Primo (last year) and while changing the intakes fans, I found the screw were the perfect length for the fans that came pre-installed in the case but not long enough for the other phanteks fans. They are long enough for just about any other fan except Phanteks own fans.

IMHO Phanteks should set up a page just to sell fasteners ( and different lengths) for all their cases so we can buy what we need without having to waste time searching all over the place.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Death2gnomes View Post
    I bought the Primo (last year) and while changing the intakes fans, I found the screw were the perfect length for the fans that came pre-installed in the case but not long enough for the other phanteks fans. They are long enough for just about any other fan except Phanteks own fans.

IMHO Phanteks should set up a page just to sell fasteners ( and different lengths) for all their cases so we can buy what we need without having to waste time searching all over the place.
    I can't remember for sure, but when I added fans to my Primo I think I used screws from the included plastic box of fitting that with the Primo.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;