Thread: ENTHOO EVOLV ATX feedback

ENTHOO EVOLV ATX feedback

I bought the evolv atx for my first ever attempt at building a pc.

Pros:

- Easy mounting for ssd and hard drives.
    - Great air flow
    - Relatively easy cable management.

Cons:

- Top panel screwed in

I don't understand why the top panel was screwed in it makes cleaning it really annoying and it was just another screw that I had to get out before installing my fans. Really in the future if you could make your top panel like your front panel with ball and socket it be great.

- PSU entrance so tight

This was the most frustrating thing EVER. The place where the PSU goes in has a upper and lower metal piece that made it REALLY HARD to get the dam PSU in and OUT. Why have it there? Really NO reason the screws will keep the PSU in place the metal pieces does absolutely nothing accept making getting in and out more difficult. God forbid I forgot to put in one of my cables and it was almost IMPOSSIBLE to try to plug it in with my PSU in the case.

If you really want to make life easier why not make the PSU cover detachable (it might be but after 10 hours of struggle I gave up).

- Back stock case fan IRREMOVABLE

I tried to remove the back case fan but the 4 pin plug kept it from leaving the case I had to end up cutting the wires . . .

- Mother board ATX hard to put in place

I had to really push the mother board to get it into the screw holes. I am using a Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 ATX mother board. I almost felt like I was crushing the motherboard trying to line up the screws. If you could maybe give like 2/3 mm to the right away from the back panel to make it easier to install. At one point I almost wanted to rip off the padding from the back panel so the mother board slide in easier to the screw holes. This might be a fault of the motherboard manufacture not Phanetks.

All in all 8/10.

@ntn6371
    The reason for the screws on the top panel is that we found some users would try to pick up the case from the top panel and while some would be successful, other would have the top panel pop off and the rest of their case fall to the ground.

I really have to disagree with your statement of great air flow.
    This case does not allow enough airflow out the top.
    It's fine if your only running stock speeds on an air cooled machine. But put a Rad up top and expect to get heat being blown back into case as it can't get out of the overly restrictive top cover. The more heat sources that are put in the case the more it starts to show this.

Super Moderator
    I have heard that too, but won't have my Evolv case for about a week. Then I'll check it out and see
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

+1 on power supply cover

Quote Originally Posted by ntn6371 View Post
    I bought the evolv atx for my first ever attempt at building a pc.

Pros:

- Easy mounting for ssd and hard drives.
    - Great air flow
    - Relatively easy cable management.

Cons:

- Top panel screwed in

I don't understand why the top panel was screwed in it makes cleaning it really annoying and it was just another screw that I had to get out before installing my fans. Really in the future if you could make your top panel like your front panel with ball and socket it be great.

- PSU entrance so tight

This was the most frustrating thing EVER. The place where the PSU goes in has a upper and lower metal piece that made it REALLY HARD to get the dam PSU in and OUT. Why have it there? Really NO reason the screws will keep the PSU in place the metal pieces does absolutely nothing accept making getting in and out more difficult. God forbid I forgot to put in one of my cables and it was almost IMPOSSIBLE to try to plug it in with my PSU in the case.

If you really want to make life easier why not make the PSU cover detachable (it might be but after 10 hours of struggle I gave up).

- Back stock case fan IRREMOVABLE

I tried to remove the back case fan but the 4 pin plug kept it from leaving the case I had to end up cutting the wires . . .

- Mother board ATX hard to put in place

I had to really push the mother board to get it into the screw holes. I am using a Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 ATX mother board. I almost felt like I was crushing the motherboard trying to line up the screws. If you could maybe give like 2/3 mm to the right away from the back panel to make it easier to install. At one point I almost wanted to rip off the padding from the back panel so the mother board slide in easier to the screw holes. This might be a fault of the motherboard manufacture not Phanetks.

All in all 8/10.
    The PSU mounting is a total pain in the neck. I'm using a Corsair AX series and realized I needed to connect a Molex having already squeezed my PSU into the tiny opening and connected everything to the motherboard. Needless to say it all had to come back out again to get to the PSU. Major pain in the ass. In terms of the Mobo lining up with the screw I think you're I/O shield is probably not seated properly. I've always found that the most difficult part of a build, getting that Damm I/O shield to fit properly. Nice looking case, Quality materials but the interior design can add frustration.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickytuk View Post
    The PSU mounting is a total pain in the neck. I'm using a Corsair AX series and realized I needed to connect a Molex having already squeezed my PSU into the tiny opening and connected everything to the motherboard. Needless to say it all had to come back out again to get to the PSU. Major pain in the ass. In terms of the Mobo lining up with the screw I think you're I/O shield is probably not seated properly. I've always found that the most difficult part of a build, getting that Damm I/O shield to fit properly. Nice looking case, Quality materials but the interior design can add frustration.
    How did you install PSU? The right side of case is open from just behind the HDD trays all the way to back of case. Shouldn't have been a big deal to install an additional cable. Sorry to be blunt, but poor planning on your part does not mean there is something wrong with the case design. Maybe it has something to do with your having problems with I'O shields. Only time I/O shield was a problem for me was when I forgot to put it in before installing motherboard. Then it really is a problem.

But than I rarely use the I/O shield. I prefer that area open for better airflow over motherboard components behind CPU.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Hi ,
    My name is Arun. I recently purchased this awesome case. It's the most beautiful case I've ever seen. I do have one complaint though... The edges at the base ( the inwards mid portion of the aluminium feet) are very very sharp.. I ended up slashing my hands just unboxing the case... So I would suggest you guys to smooth the edges on all future cases that you manufacture...
    Also keep up the good work..

Regards,
    Arun