Thread: New Build No Power-

New Build No Power-

Hello, first off wanted to say I really enjoy your cases as you can tell below: I refer many people to your site and your parts.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/...ase-tower.html
    https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topi...ing-a-new-case
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I purchased a tower from NewEgg on October 15,2015 and didn't open the box until I had all the parts for my build. I opened the box on 1- 17-2015 and installed all of my parts in the tower. Below is the specs and what is going on:

Sorry for the long post however more information is better than less...

MY BUILD:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Phantek’s Luxe Case-

Seasonic 1050 W PSU- Snow White-
    Asus Sabertooth 990fx r 2.0-
    AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz-
    Thermal Grease- Gelid GC- Extreme
    Swiftech 240-X Cooler
    HyperX Fury White Series 32GB (4 x 8GB)
    ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 970- X 2
    Western Digital WD VelociRaptor 1TB hard Drives- X 5
    Noctua NF-A14 industrialPPC-2000rpm- X 7
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Process of elimination of what is wrong or what am I missing or doing wrong. I have built over 30/40 systems and many systems never had this problem before.

I Installed everything, went to push the power on button and nothing no power/any power at all.

I rechecked and triple checked all the connections making sure everything was right and secure and still no power. While I have no power to turn the PC on I do in fact see a green light on the motherboard indicating power and I see white lights coming from the video cards.

From what I know and saw in the book; The green lite that is lighting up on the motherboard is from the onboard led sb_pwr (standby power) it is a reminder you should shut down the pc before removing any parts. So therefor power to the motherboard...

The video cards light LED light is white it says in the book you have the power cable completely plugged in and it is feeding the card power properly. So that works...

I believe that means the motherboard is getting the power from the PSU.

Then after about 3 hours and about the 30th time of no power the system finally came on!

Everything worked fans, cpu cooler, the lighting of the case and everything worked so I left the system on for a few minutes looking at the temps etc. everything looked good and I then powered the system down so I could add a dvd drive to install the OS disk and driver disks etc. and when I went to power it back on and nothing again!

20 more times nothing and repeated checking all connections nothing.

At that point I tried some of the individual parts; the PSU in another system under full load perfect. The PSU and 7 fans with fan controller and all 5 hard drives all worked fine perfect. Tried both video cards in other systems individually and together- perfect. Memory perfect.

I am thinking it might be the power button and the led lighting on the case not sure but what do you think?

Out of 50 times trying to power it on only once after the 30 to 40th time did it actually come on and every time I do get the lights on, on the motherboard and the graphics cards. So again I am thinking maybe it is the tower itself.

On other forums they stated to try and jump the wires to the power button however I have never done this before and do not want to damage any parts and they do not give enough detail of how to do this.
    I also thought but not sure, can I take a test light and check to see if power is coming from the wires to the power button? thanks in advance.

Okay, today I tried calling customer service number and nothing it just rang and rang and rang? I emailed them hopefully they will get back to me.

Try pulling your GPU, and see if your systems boots. I'm having a similar problem, and I pulled my GPU and everything boots up fine. When I stick it back in, boom nothing works. All my parts are tested and working fine.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gowery View Post
    Okay, today I tried calling customer service number and nothing it just rang and rang and rang? I emailed them hopefully they will get back to me.
    Did you get it figured out?
    If not, and you have an old case setting around, you could take the power button and wires from it and plug them in to test if it's a power button problem. The power button is just a normally open, push to close circuit. Push the button, circuit closes, release button, circuit opens. Using a two wire 'power' lead plugged into motherboard power header and touching the two wires together (closing the circuit) does the same thing as pushing the button. When wires are touching, it's the same as when button is pushed.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Yeah, using a jumper is actually super easy. All you need to do is touch something metal to both pins for the power button at the same time. It takes less than a second, & then you can remove it. A small screwdriver will do the job well enough. You do want to be careful not to touch any other pins when doing so, but if you can assemble the computer & wire up the power button, you can handle shorting the power pins to test it.