Thread: Help with P400S case fans + LED

Help with P400S case fans + LED

Just got my p400s, great case love it. This is my second build, everything went in okay until it came too connecting the case fan, it took me a while to figure out were the wires went and how it all linked together, after working out the connection was in the top right of the case, then i worked out that it wouldn't be able to reach, only by a couple of CMs but still, no good. So while i was at work I managed to get a "Maplin 4-pin Male to 4-pin Female PWM Fan Extension Braided Cable" which i thought, would extend the cable so it would reach, but the fixings (the clips) won't fit in correctly due to the design. HELP

this is the cable i bought: http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-4-p...ed-cable-a24nn

edit: should also mention i bought the ASUS 970 PRO gaming/aura motherboard, one of key reasons i went with this board was the lighting compatibility with the case
    Last edited by Alex; 03-31-2016 at 12:39 PM.

Would using the phanteks y fan splitter as a extension cable solve this problem? From the photo it looks like it would give me enough distance to make the connection

Okay so I managed to get the extension cable i bought to fit, by bending out the plastic casing. Even after connecting this to the motherboard, its still not working. Am I correct in thinking that what I am trying to do is, is connect power to a PWM fan controller, which is housed underneath where the power button is, inside the case (P400S)? Even once connected to the motherboard, it's still not powering the LEDs or fans, I've got both fans directly connected to the motherboard

Could this be a faulty PWM fan controller? I saw someone online posting saying that they're case came with one...

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, thanks