Thread: Enthoo Primo - pwm fan hub question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Enthoo Primo - pwm fan hub question

I've just bought an Enthoo Primo case.

I'm slowly building my PC, due to time constraints.
    So far, I've installed my rads with fans on them and connected the fans to the PWM fan hub.
    The hub is then connected to the power supply.

Before I install the components on my PC, I wanted to test the noise the fans would generate, to detect spots prone to generate vibrations.

And here is my problem. The fans don't spin at all.
    Is it obligatory to have the PWM hub connected to the motherboard's CPU header?

I thought that just with the SATA power, the hub will feed the fans with power

Is my PWM hub faulty, or I have to connect it to my motherboard CPU 4 pin header??
    Last edited by daedao; 04-25-2016 at 06:08 AM. Reason: spelling

Super Moderator
    Sorry for the late reply. Been a little busy this week.

I had to connect to motherboard to get hub to work, so no, your hub is most likey not faulty.

Plug the hub fan cable to any running motherboard and it should run the fans. But you will need a functioning PWM fan header to have fan speed control. If it's a header without PWM function on pin-4 the fans will run full speed.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thank you for your response.

I'm glad the hub is not faulty.

Super Moderator
    While I doubt the hub is faulty, there is always that slim chance it is. maybe a 0.0001% chance ;p
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;