Thread: Evolv ATX Fans Randomly Stopping

Evolv ATX Fans Randomly Stopping

Hey guys!

I recently just got my EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass Edition and excitedly went through my first PC build last night. Everything went smoothly for the most part. There's only one very odd issue I've run into.

When I boot the PC up all the fans which include the 2 front, 1 rear, and 2 radiator fans on my Corsair cooler, start up and spin perfectly. After having the PC on for a while I noticed one of the front fans had stopped, I checked my bios and everything seemed fine, it wasn't affecting case or CPU temperatures at all. I checked all the connections on the PWM hub on the back of the case, the SATA port is hooked up, it all checks out.

But every time I boot up my PC, all the fans start up until after a couple minutes when one of the 3 case fans will randomly stop, sometimes even 2. Again, it never affects my PC, the temperatures always stay at around 28C with the fans spinning at 400-600 RPM. It's is driving me crazy, I've searched for similar problems and can't find anything. Even when I go into the BIOS and force all the fans to run at max speed, the fan/s that have stopped will not start up again. The only way to get them all to start again is by shutting down and booting up the PC again.

Here's how I have my fans hooked up: 4-pin connector from the PWM hub on the back of the case is going into CPU_FAN on my MSI motherboard. the 3-pin connector from the water block is going into CPU_FAN2 on the motherboard to provide a constant 12V to the pump. The 2 radiator fans which are 4-pins (again these are the ones that never stop) along with the 3 case fans which are 3-pins are all plugged into the hub.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?

Same Deal Here...

Quote Originally Posted by DJ88 View Post
    Hey guys!

I recently just got my EVOLV ATX Tempered Glass Edition and excitedly went through my first PC build last night. Everything went smoothly for the most part. There's only one very odd issue I've run into.

When I boot the PC up all the fans which include the 2 front, 1 rear, and 2 radiator fans on my Corsair cooler, start up and spin perfectly. After having the PC on for a while I noticed one of the front fans had stopped, I checked my bios and everything seemed fine, it wasn't affecting case or CPU temperatures at all. I checked all the connections on the PWM hub on the back of the case, the SATA port is hooked up, it all checks out.

But every time I boot up my PC, all the fans start up until after a couple minutes when one of the 3 case fans will randomly stop, sometimes even 2. Again, it never affects my PC, the temperatures always stay at around 28C with the fans spinning at 400-600 RPM. It's is driving me crazy, I've searched for similar problems and can't find anything. Even when I go into the BIOS and force all the fans to run at max speed, the fan/s that have stopped will not start up again. The only way to get them all to start again is by shutting down and booting up the PC again.

Here's how I have my fans hooked up: 4-pin connector from the PWM hub on the back of the case is going into CPU_FAN on my MSI motherboard. the 3-pin connector from the water block is going into CPU_FAN2 on the motherboard to provide a constant 12V to the pump. The 2 radiator fans which are 4-pins (again these are the ones that never stop) along with the 3 case fans which are 3-pins are all plugged into the hub.

Any ideas of what could be causing this?
    Hey, I don't have any answers for you yet, but I'm experiencing the same problem with the same case. I just observed the bottom front case fan not spinning, and since I've just finished getting all my cables neatly tucked away the thought of pulling down my rig and opening the case is making me pretty pissed off. I noticed this post didn't get any replies - did you ever figure anything out?