Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommendation for installing two Corsair H115i's in the Enthoo Primo SE?

Recommendation for installing two Corsair H115i's in the Enthoo Primo SE?

I'm putting together a custom build with the ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS motherboard and am trying to see if the Enthoo Primo has the ability to effectively use two Corsair H115i coolers (280mm). I believe one will fit in the top area just fine, but I'm not sure where to place the second. PCPartPicker showed compatibility with two H115i's and this case. If one is placed on the bottom (may not fit), my concern would be the length of the tubing reaching around three 2-slot video cards to get to the second CPU. I'm not set on the H115i's and just need to make sure two coolers work. I've never used water coolers before and watched a ton of videos over the past two weeks to get a better idea on how to set this up. But I didn't find videos on dual H115i's (or the previous part name) usage, so I'm guessing it is not common. Hence the reason I'm here and asking Phanteks customers/employees. With this information in mind, do any of you have a recommended configuration for two H115i's or a combination of the H115i and another cooler?

Btw, the CPU's will be running at 100% for lengthy periods of time, so proper cooling is a must!
    Last edited by neonz; 06-08-2016 at 10:11 AM.

Super Moderator
    Sorry to be harsh, but the h115i is not worth it's weight in spit. Top air cool as well and are much quieter, and a quality AIO pre-assembled and filled kit like Swiftech AIOs are light-years better.

For H2O cooling at similar or less money I would get a Swifech H240 X2 or H320 X2 and add a 2nd waterblock & radiator.
    Here is a chart showing AIO, CLC and air. Notice how much louder the CLCs are, while the Swiftech cooler much better at lower noise levels. The h110i and h115i have same performance, I tried to post the image, but for some reason they would not load.
    http://cdn.overclock.net/2/26/900x90...olersroom.jpeg

I don't know where in the world you are, but typically
    h115i are about $110 each.

Original Swiftech have same components and cooling and are less expensive.
    H220 X is $110
    H240 X is $120

Swiftech's new model is now better looking, but same basic system as before.
    H240 X2 is $150
    H320 X2 is $165.

Swiftech's Prestige has better cooler because of better fans, but is same cooler. They also have fancier fittings
    H240 X2 Prestige is $200
    H320 X2 Prestige is $215

A full cover GPU waterblock is $115. Normal CPU blocks are less, but GPU really need full cover.

Radiators are $50-90 depending on what size you want.
    Last edited by doyll; 06-10-2016 at 12:53 AM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thanks for your input on Swiftech, Doyll. Since the H115i (or any 280mm AIO) mounted on the bottom might not have enough tubing length to adequately reach the 2nd CPU without a lot of tension due to the angle, could two 240mm AIO's be installed in the top area? Some 240mm AIO's have a total length of 273mm and I am not quite sure if there would be enough depth in the case to squeeze them in. Of course I could buy two and test it out, but I'd like to get input from other Primo enthusiasts since I have another week or so before final assembly!

Super Moderator
    What do you mean by "AIO"? A system like Swiftech? Or a system like H115 that is a CLC? CLCs are a sub-group of AIO. Many of us do not even consider them AIO, but only CLC because of their poor quaility and performance compared to AIOs like Swiftech.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Gotcha. I was under the impression that All In Ones were simply self-contained units with a pump, tubing, radiator, and fans that didn't require any configuration other than attaching to the case and to the CPU/MB! So my apologies for overgeneralizing when discussing specific products that may fit one category over another. I'm interested in a solution that will help minimize the temperature of two Xeon's at 100/105% in a cost-efficient manner with minimum maintenance. If two 240mm's of whatever solution can be snuggly fit into the top of the Primo, I'd be interested in pursuing that as the tubing should reach both CPU's without issue.

I'm on the West Coast of the U.S. for cost referencing!

Super Moderator
    Then stay with air cooling. What motherboard and case?

Asus Z10PE-D16 WS in the Enthoo Primo SE case. I was able to fit the H90 and H115i into the top radiator area. I checked into using two H100i's in the top, but I needed about 10-15mm more to do that. At the moment, with the case doors off, the H115i keeps the first Xeon e5-2640 v4 CPU around 31 degrees Celsius at idle and around 43 degrees when rendering. The H90 on the second CPU is about 1 to 3 degrees higher. The room is fairly cool and I have a few extra fans on the top to pull air out through the radiators. All fans are in quiet mode and it makes less noise than my ceiling fan! I'll update this thread again once I get the system configuration finalized and the doors put back on.

Finally finished the cable management and final hardware installation, so the doors are now on. Ambient room temperature is 29 degrees Celsius. I'm using LightWave 3D to render a complex animation with the CPU's at 100%. After 2 hours of rendering, CPU 1 (cooled by the H115i) has settled at 42 degrees Celsius. CPU 2 (cooled by the H90) has settled at 47 degrees. Both radiators are mounted in the top in a push-pull configuration. Adding the extra pull fans in the top compartment made about a -3 degree difference, so I kept them in. The two front fans were left as is, but I purchased additional 140SP fans to pull in cool air into the case from the bottom. This will help cool an nVidia Quadro K2200 and GTX Titan X GPU's. All fans are in Quiet Mode.

I'll do another test with a 3D game in the next few weeks (while rendering) and see how the Titan X affects the CPU temps.
    And I'll do one additional test in the future when I switch to Octane rendering, which dumps the rendering process onto the GPU CUDA cores.

Super Moderator
    Coming along nicely!

Here's two pictures of the radiator configuration. The H90 is attached to CPU2, the H115i is attached to CPU1. With the pull fans added to the top, the CPU temps lower by about 3 degrees Celsius in quiet mode.

Z-Primo-SE-Dual-Rad-Config.jpgZ-Primo-SE-Top-Vent.jpgZ-Primo-SE-CPU1-Corsair-Link-Issue.jpg

Note that with this configuration and the H115i plate connected normally, the USB connection that faces downward blocks additional RAM chips on this motherboard (Z10PE-D16 WS) for CPU1. Luckily I have 64GB with the 4 16's already installed (2 per CPU). If at some point I go to 128GB, I'd have to rotate the H115i plate 90 degrees and have the USB connection facing the back of the case. And if that doesn't work well, then I'll swap the rad positions and CPUs they connect to.