Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can Phanteks replace individual parts?

Im curious to know why you believe this damage happened prior to you unboxing the case and building your PC? And why did you even build the PC if it was all messed up like you claim? I would have sent it back the day I received it. The fact that you didn't, and continued to build the PC is evidence enough for me to conclude that you scratched the case yourself and now want Phanteks to pay for it.

I wonder if car wax would hide those very light scratch marks?

There are even colored car waxes available for this kind of rub marks.
    Car wax doesn't hide scratches. It's designed to protect the paint and give it an appealing shine. Plain and simple.

If you wanted to remove those mild scratches, its possible to use some automotive polishing or cutting compound to buff out the scratch. Keep in mind though, these cases have FAR thinner paint than a car and 95% of cars have a thick protective clear coat on top of the paint. Using too harsh of a compound will likely cause you to polish right through the paint and exposing the underlying metal. buff it out using a microfiber cloth that is brand new, not one that has been through the laundry. The reason being that microfiber should always be washed in cool water and never dried in a warm/hot dryer. it ruins the fabric and will scratch delicate surfaces.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew LB View Post
    Im curious to know why you believe this damage happened prior to you unboxing the case and building your PC? And why did you even build the PC if it was all messed up like you claim? I would have sent it back the day I received it. The fact that you didn't, and continued to build the PC is evidence enough for me to conclude that you scratched the case yourself and now want Phanteks to pay for it.

Car wax doesn't hide scratches. It's designed to protect the paint and give it an appealing shine. Plain and simple.

If you wanted to remove those mild scratches, its possible to use some automotive polishing or cutting compound to buff out the scratch. Keep in mind though, these cases have FAR thinner paint than a car and 95% of cars have a thick protective clear coat on top of the paint. Using too harsh of a compound will likely cause you to polish right through the paint and exposing the underlying metal. buff it out using a microfiber cloth that is brand new, not one that has been through the laundry. The reason being that microfiber should always be washed in cool water and never dried in a warm/hot dryer. it ruins the fabric and will scratch delicate surfaces.
    You have no 'evidence' Bags scratched the case. You only have 'evidence of it not being sent back.

As for a slight scratch, rub mark, 'imperfection' in finish being covered by a simple coat of wax, wax brings the shine back that may have been removed by the scratch/rub mark .. all is shining with no more mark in finish. There is also automotive wax available in different colors for the very reason I suggested using wax .. to hide fine scratches and imperfections in finish.

Using polishing or rubbing compound would likely change the finish not only on the scratch rub mark but of area it was used on .. leaving a much bigger and more obvious 'imperfection' in the finish.
    Last edited by doyll; 12-27-2016 at 06:31 AM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I tried wiping them with a micro fiber cloth but most are still there.