Thread: Newb needs help with optical drives

Newb needs help with optical drives

Hello there.

I just finished a build in my new Enthoo Luxe, and am having an issue with the optical drives. I thought that all I needed to do was line them up and slide them in. The issue is that they will not lock into place. I can definitely feel an "indent" when they get to the point where they should lock, but they dont actually lock. Any tricks to get them to lock?

Super Moderator
    Not sure what the problem may be. I'll have to dig out a optical drive and try fitting it. Quite using them a couple years ago when USB took it's place.

If I don't get back to you in a day or two, please post again to remind me. I have a brand new nephew and things are quite hectic at the moment.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    Not sure what the problem may be. I'll have to dig out a optical drive and try fitting it. Quite using them a couple years ago when USB took it's place.

If I don't get back to you in a day or two, please post again to remind me. I have a brand new nephew and things are quite hectic at the moment.
    Here is your friendly reminder.....Thanks!

Super Moderator
    I checked mine and sometimes I had to push on front half of latch to get the pins to drop into optical drive. No the button, I think that is to release the pins. The whole latch has a pivot point between front and back. When optical drive slides it it pushes the back of latch arm out / away for optical drive and this pushes the pin in and hopefully they latch. I took the latch out and the square button toward front of case seems to be to push against optical drive so pins release. Kind of a strange latching system.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;