Thread: Front clips have died again! (Phanteks Enthoo Primo)

Front clips have died again! (Phanteks Enthoo Primo)

For such a brilliant case, the Enthoo Primo is let down (fairly severely) by the utterly rubbish clips that hold the fan cases and radiator grills in place.

My front two have gone again! They just stop clicking in and so an email is on the way to Phanteks for some new ones!
    Last edited by Type_R; 08-20-2016 at 01:11 AM.

Received some new ones today

The manufacturer for these seems to have changed. The old ones had HGGh written on the back, these CL. Hopefully that means they are more sturdy!

You were lucky enough to get some. My Enthoo Primo Requires the same fix.

Sent a request to Phantek's Support to get mine replaced as well.
    I had to send a copy of my invoice but the latches are now enroute to my place.
    Great support from Phanket USA.
    Thanks

Super Moderator
    I've found the best way to unlatch the front is to remove the bottom 5.25" bay cover slip fingers through the hole and grip the inside with fingers while squeezing with thumb on outside .. and it clips loose with no problems.

It seems the cross-piece on inside flexes in just a little when pressing from outside to get latch to release, and this silly-milli-meter of flex causes the latches to not quiet compress enough to click and release.

In 20/20 hindsight it seems if the latches were in corners of front panel this would not be a problem, but it is what it is, and it's sooo easy to armchair-quarterback what happened in in the game.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Never had a problem unlatching. Only latching.

Super Moderator
    Sounds like maybe the latch was not set properly in open position. The must be pushed in to release, and once they release there is no pulling involved to remove them. The actually ush the latch pin out a couple mm.
    Maybe this will help.
    http://www.overclock.net/t/1491876/w...#post_23724358

I would post image here instead of link, but even though it's my image this forum will not accept the image from other forum.
    Last edited by doyll; 08-28-2016 at 05:58 AM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;