Thread: New Build

New Build

Heres my first pc build. Have a little browse, might help someone who is looking to build inside the Enthoo Evolve.

http://imgur.com/a/QEntN

Btw Phanteks i love your case. Really top notch stuff you're building right now.
    One concern though. I'm happy enough, however the glass panels don't fit all that well on my case. I have to contort my case slightly to get the panels to sit properly. Might be a quality control thing. It was bought in the UK if that helps.

Thanks for looking

Super Moderator
    Very nice!

Did you block the holes in radiator tray so air going through the radiator isn't circling back through the tray? If needed, I can post a pic of what I mean.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    Very nice!

Did you block the holes in radiator tray so air going through the radiator isn't circling back through the tray? If needed, I can post a pic of what I mean.

Thanks very much.

No I didn't. I must admit I'm not a out n out performance enthusiast. But I may look at that just as something to do.
    For everyone elses reference if interested in future builds. Running Heaven and Prime95 simultaneously for around 20 minutes before i got bored waiting and the 6500k didn't go above 57 celcius, and the GPU's both got up to around 38-41 celcius. (Evga GTX 580 Hydro 2's)
    This was with all the fans as well as the pump connected to the fan controller installed by phanteks, and controlled automatically via the BIOS. Put simply i didn't crank everything up to full i just let it control the speeds itself. And I'm still more than happy with the temperatures.

Another thing to mention is the PSU cabling for anyone interested using this case. Whilst there is adequte space as you can see in the pics. I am running bare minimum hardware on this build really aside from SLI, and with a pump installed down the bottom it is already pretty darn chocka block down there. Modular is a big win, and even better i would recommend looking into getting custom cables (of much shorter length) or making your own cables if you are up to it. It is something i will definitely be doing next.

And to Phanteks, if you're reading this. The screws holding the glass in place do the job but are a little annoying after a while. A press release catch system at all four corners of the glass. Or even just at the top corners, with a simple groove to hold the bottom edge in place would be the ultimate i think for your next glass doors. Something similar to this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2clPZhs7DfU (I'm not affiliated to that product or youtube account)
    Even if you designed your own small versions of that. Could be a winner.
    Last edited by Lillelj; 09-07-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Super Moderator
    With those temps I wouldn't worry about them either.

Many users have found the Evolv's small top vents to be restrictive enough that radiator airflow found it easier to circle around and back through radiator than through the vents.

Mine is air cooled with front to back airflow so top venting is not an issue anyway.

I've been eyeing the Enthoo Mini XL case. it comes 9j an mATX or dual ITX layout, but I think it would make a great ATX case with massive amount of behind the motherboard space.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;