Thread: Evolv ATX TG problems

Evolv ATX TG problems

So I just got my evolv atx and I should have really looked it over before I started modding the case but here were some problems I had.

1. The phanteks logo on the psu shroud was not in the right place. I managed to get it to stick where it should be but one of the corners is slightly bent. Not a big deal but when your paying $200 dollars for a case...And I have read that more than just me have seen this problem.

2. I have 2 standoffs in the case that are not like the rest the top middle and the middle middle standoff. They have a raised edge around the threads a few mm higher than the rest. I would just take the extra standoff that comes with and put that in but two are like that and I only have one extra standoff. Im not sure if its supposed to be like this because I have not installed the MB yet but im pretty sure it will stick up on those standoffs.

3. On the not protected side of the glass there was some black dots that took me about 10 minutes to scrub off...again $200 dollars for a case and I have to clean it right after I open the box. Can you please put plastic on both sides of the glass like every other case I have worked on.

4. Some of the edges of the Front and top panels had some nasty edges on them like they had not been properly sanded or filed down.

5. Phanteks has recommended that we cover up the holes on the removable tray to prevent warm air from coming back in. So you want me to put duck tape on a case that I just paid $200 dollars for? I understand that this is not something that you probably need to do but to me this is a huge engineering flaw in the case.

So like I said I cant RMA because I already did some modding to the case. Still love the case but for what were paying these problems should not happen. If anyone could tell me about the standoff that would be great.

#1 is a Phantek production issue I hope they get fixed

#2 Those standoffs with the raised edge will work fine with your motherboard. What they do is allow you to put your motherboard in place and hold it tightly against your IO back plate . By catching those raised edges, all the threads lines up with the other holes in the motherboard making it easier to install in your case, as they will hold your motherboard in the proper position, so you can easily make all your hold down screws.

#3 is a Phantek production issue I hope they get fixed

#4 sounds like Phanteks QC is slipping.

#5 really only comes into play if you mount a dual or triple radiator in the top of the case. This is a well documented design issue with this case. I made several posts here and seen many others on various water cooling forums. I've helped a couple people mod the top to allow better airflow.
    Last edited by Hooded; 10-13-2016 at 01:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jakeholm50@icloud.com View Post
    So I just got my evolv atx and I should have really looked it over before I started modding the case but here were some problems I had.

1. The phanteks logo on the psu shroud was not in the right place. I managed to get it to stick where it should be but one of the corners is slightly bent. Not a big deal but when your paying $200 dollars for a case...And I have read that more than just me have seen this problem.

2. I have 2 standoffs in the case that are not like the rest the top middle and the middle middle standoff. They have a raised edge around the threads a few mm higher than the rest. I would just take the extra standoff that comes with and put that in but two are like that and I only have one extra standoff. Im not sure if its supposed to be like this because I have not installed the MB yet but im pretty sure it will stick up on those standoffs.

3. On the not protected side of the glass there was some black dots that took me about 10 minutes to scrub off...again $200 dollars for a case and I have to clean it right after I open the box. Can you please put plastic on both sides of the glass like every other case I have worked on.

4. Some of the edges of the Front and top panels had some nasty edges on them like they had not been properly sanded or filed down.

5. Phanteks has recommended that we cover up the holes on the removable tray to prevent warm air from coming back in. So you want me to put duck tape on a case that I just paid $200 dollars for? I understand that this is not something that you probably need to do but to me this is a huge engineering flaw in the case.

So like I said I cant RMA because I already did some modding to the case. Still love the case but for what were paying these problems should not happen. If anyone could tell me about the standoff that would be great.
    I purchased mine yesterday and whilst I'm overall impressed the QC is lacking, I too had scalpel sharp edges, too the point that I cut myself installing one of my SSD cards in a razor sharp tray. Grrrrrrrr.

Also the front Phanteks logo wasn't in its recess but sandwiched between the glass and the case!!! This made me annoyed!!

Again I love this case but the QC is rubbish and mars an otherwise beautiful case.

I have the regular Evolv ATX and that Phanteks logo keeps falling of. Very annoying.