Thread: PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler Orientation, AMD

PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler Orientation, AMD

Can the PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler be installed on an AMD system with the fans facing/blowing front to back instead of up/down?

I have a Corsair 780T so I know I have enough space, I just cant seem to find a video or site review anywhere of this cooler being installed in the classic front to back orientation.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Received an email from customer support this morning. For anyone else looking for the same information, brackets to mount the cooler in either orientation, front/back and top/bottom, are included in the kit. If your package does not contain them, simply send a copy of your invoice and a pic of the brackets you did receive to customer support along with name, address etc, and they will send you the new brackets.

Super Moderator
    Sorry I didn't see your post. Yeah, you will have no problem mounting it. I do suggest doing a 'practice' mounting of cooler before applying TIM. This will help you know exactly where to set the cooler on CPU and make sure the crossbar spring screws thread in proplerly. It's also a good idea to 'practice' mounting the fan and making sure the CPU fan header is not blocked by cooler when installed.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

The Phanteks PH-TC12DX is a U-Type dual tower heat-sink with four 6mm heat-pipes, which really sets itself apart from the rest with its optimal airflow, cooling performance and ultra-quiet operation.

The PH-TC12DX
    Last edited by achat; 06-17-2017 at 03:40 AM.