Thread: P400 and Coolmaster EVO212

P400 and Coolmaster EVO212

Hi,

I'm building a new system. It consist of a gigabyte z170 gaming 7 motherboard, a p400 case, and a Cooler Master 212EVO cooler. Unfortunately the first thing I found was a DOA motherboard. So that is being sent back and the eta on a new one from Newegg is 2 weeks.

In the mean time, I have the case and the cooler. I was looking at the cooler's height and started to second guess myself about it fitting in the case. I do not have the mainboard for measuring and the Newegg's return policy time may run out before I get the mainboard back.

The spec on the P400 states 160mm clearance for the CPU cooler. The 212EVO spec states 160mm height. So the numbers match up but just barely.

Does anyone know for sure about the fitment? Any relative thoughts on the subject are welcome.

Thanks
    Last edited by mgpprog; 12-24-2016 at 12:49 PM.

Hi

Im New at here but im old with some forum .

1, According Phanteks official website that chassis only support up to 160 mm and ur correct .
    2, According Evo 212 website , height for that cooler is 159 mm .

Oh man you have tight space ( Not suggest ) ..... unless you open your side panel
    others solution i would like suggest you to contact customer service for that Cooler.

Hope this can help and sorry for my bad english .
    New Comer From Malaysia

Oh man you have tight space ( Not suggest ) ..... unless you open your side panel
    แทงหวยออนไลน์

Super Moderator
    A CPU cooler 160mm tall will easily fit in the P400. The 160mm specification means any cooler 160mm or shorter will fit.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

TY Doyll.

Newegg just sent a replacement board out today. Should have it in a couple days barring weather. I'll hold off ordering another cpu cooler based on your response.

And I thank all who offered input on this as well.