Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Enthoo Evolv mATX TG

Good i have waited 3 months i can wait one more.
    Last edited by achat; 01-26-2018 at 08:23 AM.

curious if anyone has managed to improve front airflow on these cases?

Just received this wonderful case yesterday. The standard airflow is a bit challenged, reason is the design of the case. Donít get me wrong itís a beautiful case but the Lian Li pca04 l had before had better cooling (stock standard) for air setup.
    The reason why the Lian Li cools better is this.
    The Lian Li had 2x 120 front intakes and a top exhaust 120 fan with no obstructions, (strangely no provision for rear fan only a small round grill outlet), i think it was a little shorter inside (front air had less to travel) but most importantly the case was a lot narrower, that helped to funnel the air from the front fans with more intensity and take it closer to the mb, l had placed a blu ray drive that sat above the top fan, and that kind of helped with some funneling too.

Itís early days yet, but Iím thinking for me to improve the evolve matx tg case Iíll have to put two higher spec/ speed fans upfront, maybe cut two holes in the front panel for unobstructed air, also a top exhaust fan should be at the top of my list, depending on what cpu cooling l choose l might make some kind of deflector inside to keep air towards the mb.
    A little like a Venturi effect.

More testing for the next few days till l properly figure out what Iím going to do.
    Last edited by vassp; 03-03-2018 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Super Moderator
    In addition to my sig rig, I'm air cooling an Evolv ATX and an Evovl mATX with no problems. With both CPU and GPU at 100% load airflow temps into each cooler are only 4c maximum above room ambient with just front to back airflow. I did remove all PCIe back slot covers.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Funny enough for me the Liam Li case l did not mod, and I was running stock intel cooler at the time too.

With the evolve I’m going to replace the stock cpu cooler with Noctua nh-c 14. Love my tower coolers but this time I’m up for a change.

Are you using two front intake fans for the matx evolve?
    Cheers.

Super Moderator
    C14 blows hot air everywhere.
    Tower cooler move heated air back and out of case.
    Less problems supplying cool air to coolers means nower operating temps.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Still gonna try it though- c14 on order. It will Give me something to play with. I’m going to have the curved pipes next to the gpu and the end pipes facing the top of the case so hopefully the hot air will be expelled there. I’ll have the Exhaust fan - set on low just above the cooler make sure the hot air exits the case quickly. That’s the plan anyway.

I had the old Thermalright 120 tower cooler from way back. Loved that unit- I ran passively (with no o/c) for ages. Super silent.

Got my Noctua nh-c 14, it’s running like a dream, what a beautiful unit- looks great in my evolve matx tg, and very quiet. I have it running with the heat pipes pointing up and it’s performance is top notch. Highly recommend anyone on the fence in regards to this cooler and the evolve matx. It’s just my gpu(560ti) that is super noisy. That will be my next change.