Thread: Case fans connection

Case fans connection

Hi guys, i'm assembiling my first pc ever.
    Case is Phanteks evolv atx tg
    my question is:
    how do i connect case fans?
    should i use the hub on the rear? or is better connect them in other way?
    mobo: asus maximus viii hero

Thanks for making such amazing case btw!

Use a variety of fan headers and the fan hub to have the most options for controlling fans.

Or run all from the hub and they will all run at the same speed. Be sure to plug your Fan hub into your CPU Fan Header
    Setup your options in the bios for each fan header or use the software that come with your board to control the fans.

Thanks for the reply.
    1- My cpu cooler (kraken x62) also tell to connect it to cpu fan..
    2- i would connect 3 fans to the hub.. i should also connect it to sata power?
    3- what if i connect my 2 (3pin) fans to molex to cpu and the only one with 4pin to mobo? so no need of the hub

Thanks much for your time

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by inverse View Post
    Thanks for the reply.
    1- My cpu cooler (kraken x62) also tell to connect it to cpu fan..
    2- i would connect 3 fans to the hub.. i should also connect it to sata power?
    3- what if i connect my 2 (3pin) fans to molex to cpu and the only one with 4pin to mobo? so no need of the hub

Thanks much for your time
    Use a simple 2-way PWM fan splitter for both Kraken and case fans. That way the case fans will spin up with radiator fans on PSU control.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

It is a very good and interesting for that.gclub

very good suggestion i believe.
    i have 2 front fans with 3 pin connector and ill connect them with the pwm split of the kraken. then i have a 4pin fan on the rear.. can i connect it to CPU_OPT or i should connect it to CHA_FAN? Or is the same? thanks much.. my mobo guide is not that clear.. thanks again

So,
    I have plugged the rear fan (4pin) to the CPU_OPT and it's working fine.
    I have plugged the 2 kraken fan (stock fan) + 2 front fan (venturi hf14) (all 3 pin) to the CPU_FAN (4 y splitter) but these fans runs all at full speed and can't slow them via bios (asus maximus viii alpha)... whats wrong?

PS: i haven't even installed OS yet and they work at full speed and cpu heat is 30

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by inverse View Post
    So,
    I have plugged the rear fan (4pin) to the CPU_OPT and it's working fine.
    I have plugged the 2 kraken fan (stock fan) + 2 front fan (venturi hf14) (all 3 pin) to the CPU_FAN (4 y splitter) but these fans runs all at full speed and can't slow them via bios (asus maximus viii alpha)... whats wrong?

PS: i haven't even installed OS yet and they work at full speed and cpu heat is 30
    What 4 way 'Y'-splitter are you using?
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;