Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evolv fancy glass case

Evolv fancy glass case

Hello there,

Hoping for a little help with my nice new Evolv tempered glass case, turned it on and installed windows for the 1st time today. The problem is, it sounds like a hovercraft is taking off, any way of turning the chassis fans down? Tried in the BIOS, to no avail.

I have the PWM hub plugged in here:

Capture.jpg

System Specs:

ENTHOO EVOLV ATX GLASS
    Corsair RM650i
    Intel Core i5 6600K
    Corsair Hydro Series H75 CPU cooler
    Zotac GeForce GTX 1060 AMP 6GB
    ASUS Z170-A ATX Motherboard

Any help hugely appreciated :-)

Super Moderator
    I think on your motherboard all fan headers are PWM, but to be sure check in your motherboard manual and plug the PWM controlled fan hub into one of them.

You may need to run the motherboard automatic fan control tuning software first, then manually set the temperature to speed curve. As strange as that sounds, if the automatic fan control feature is not used the fan speed range is limited to like 60% to 100% PWM, but after running the automatic tuning feature you can use lower PWM% settings.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thanks for the reply doyll, really do appreciate it, might sound dense here (especially considering I've been building PC's for 10 years), but what tool would you recommend for "then manually set the temperature to speed curve"?

I'll check my manual to make sure I've got it plugged in to the right header.

Super Moderator
    Whatever Asus has in their utilities for fan control. Maybe AI Suite's Fan Xpert ?? Like I said before, you will probably need to run the automatic fan tuning function first, then go into the manual fan functions to set the heat to rpm curve to your needs. I don't have an Asus system now .. haven't had one for several years, so I don't know what their utilities tools are now.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I have a Z179 Asus board. It's much easier to plug in all the fans directly to the motherboard and adjust the fan speed curve in BIOS.

Super Moderator
    Wachtel has newer Asus motherboard so probably knows more about how to setup fan speed to temperature curves. My last newest Asus board is Rampage III with a i7 980X on it.

I have Asus mobo ... run the UFEI Bios and find the Q fan tuning option in the Bios menu's. If you fans are plugged into the PWM hub they will go thru and tuning phase and then Q fan can put them in silent profile. Note... the profile allows the fans to spin up to manange the CPU temps too.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wr_stix View Post
    I have Asus mobo ... run the UFEI Bios and find the Q fan tuning option in the Bios menu's. If you fans are plugged into the PWM hub they will go thru and tuning phase and then Q fan can put them in silent profile. Note... the profile allows the fans to spin up to manange the CPU temps too.
    That's the information needed. Thanks for posting it!

Z179 Asus board. is much easier to plug in all the fans directly to the motherboard.
    Last edited by achat; 06-17-2017 at 03:40 AM.

The Q-fan is easy to use when all fans are plugged into the mobo itself. That's my setup on my Z170 board. If you want to use the PWM hub you must plug in the hub in the CPU_Fan header.