Thread: Phantek won't honor CPU Cooler warranty

Phantek won't honor CPU Cooler warranty

So recently I contacted aftersales about an issue I was facing where Cooler wont sit straight on CPU but at an angle and ended up blocking the 1st pci slot in my motherboard.
    I also attached an image with email to make things easier and help them out. But I guess that was the wrong move, because now they wont stop asking me to take my whole PC apart (over and over agian!) and send them more images so they can figure out what the actual problem is.
    Really Phantek? I am sorry but I am not here to help you figure out how to find and fix manufacturing faults. I have been putting together PC's for 20 years and had actual RMA where items were a lot more expensive but have never been asked to perform such tedious task.
    This is simply terrible customer services.
    Last edited by ray; 02-18-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Super Moderator
    Before you rant and rave any more, how about giving us some details. like telling us what motherboard and cooler you are talking about, who did you contact, when did you first contact them and what information you supply them with.

That and why is Phanteks responsible for you using a cooler that is too big and blocks PCIe socket close to CPU? Cooler sizes are supplied with every cooler. And a quick measure from center CPU to PCIe socket compared to half the width of cooler will give you the numbers needed to know if it blocks PCIe socket.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    Before you rant and rave any more, how about giving us some details. like telling us what motherboard and cooler you are talking about, who did you contact, when did you first contact them and what information you supply them with.

That and why is Phanteks responsible for you using a cooler that is too big and blocks PCIe socket close to CPU? Cooler sizes are supplied with every cooler. And a quick measure from center CPU to PCIe socket compared to half the width of cooler will give you the numbers needed to know if it blocks PCIe socket.
    Read my post again m8.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ray View Post
    Read my post again m8.
    I read it a couple of times. If your emails to Phanteks support were anything like your attitude in your post here I'm not surprised they are not being very helpful.

Your post is just a rant. No details of what the real problem. "Cooler wont sit straight on CPU but at an angle and ended up blocking the 1st pci slot" sounds more like improper installation than anything else. I've installed every cooler Phanteks makes .. most of them numerous times in different build and never had one do anything like what your description indicates. How about you post up some pictures for us to see and maybe we can help.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I thought I could know about some kinds of cooler from your blog. But you haven't given any information about it top engagement ring styles. Try to add some points about it. Try to share some of the names of the branded cooler.

I think your way of talk with them is not nice. If you talk to them nicely maybe it will help you. Machines were made by human and because machines gives us problem sometimes. But we can solve this problem. But if you talk rudely with customer care, it won’t help.
    Last edited by doyll; 06-21-2019 at 05:12 AM.

Super Moderator
    What KellyCAkers said.

Motherboards are not all made the same. If you want to blame someone, blame your motherboard company, because it is they who made a motherboard that does not allow you to mount your cooler on. this is all because there is no standard placement for CPU socket, RAM sockets, fan headers, etc. The only sockets that have a fixed position are rear I/O panel and PCIe sockets. Phanteks has no control over how motherboard companies position the sockets and fittings. What this means is it is not uncommon for a cooler to fit wonderfully on 4 or 6 different motherboards yet not fit at all on another or like you, not fit properly.