Thread: optimum fan placement enthoo pro M, think I have it figured out...maybe

Cool optimum fan placement enthoo pro M, think I have it figured out...maybe

Hey everyone!

I have been struggling with this dilemma for a few days now. There are some very knowledgeable folks here so I figured this may be the best place to ask!

My new PC that I have built (not quite, parts are still in the mail) is going to be contained in the awesome Enthoo Pro M case.

I am having an issue figuring out the best fan placement and set up. I am probably putting too much thought into this, but I have nothing else to do while I am waiting for all the pieces to arrive in the mail!

The case comes with 1x140mm in the rear as an exhaust. I have purchased 2 additional 140mm Noctua PWM fans for the front of the case. I also bought 2 noctua 120mm(3pin) fans for some reason.

So now, I figure I will install 1x120mm on the top rear, then have the phanteks fan in the back, and the 2 140mm noctuas in the front.

I guess I am asking if this will be sufficient for keeping my case cool? I want to have a positive air flow into the case, so I am hoping I can slow down the exhaust fans if need be. Also, how much would the front dust filter affect the CFM of the 2 140mm's?

Any thoughts on this set up? Thanks in advance!

Super Moderator
    It will be more than sufficient.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thanks! I have since built the PC and the fans seem to be doing their job. I used the fan control software in the mobo to maintain the front fans at a bit of a higher speed then the rear/top to keep the air flow positive. Time will tell I guess, haven't really stress tested anything yet!

Super Moderator
    Stress testing / working it hard is needed to see if airflow and cooling are good or not. This a a link to case airflow and how to optimize it in 'Off Topic' forum section.
    http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread...ull=1#post2563
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

cool very helpful link!

Since you seem to be a case cooling guru... With this particular case, I have installed the 2 140mm front fans in the middle and lower position in the case.

the lowest fan is mostly blowing into where the bottom HDD cage is. Do you think it should be higher up? do the HDDs need air too?