Thread: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - how to fit an internal DVD drive

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX - how to fit an internal DVD drive

So I purchased this case amidst great reviews for a high performance gaming PC build, and while it is a good case, I was surprised there appears to be no ability to put a DVD drive in there.

Am I right or is there an internal accessory I can use to make it fit ? Happy to put something inside that I can open the glass case to put dvds in and out of it.

I am looking at Amazon for all the DVD based games I could be playing, but cant..

As for getting an external dvd unit - after spending this money for a smart looking system: no thank you.
    Last edited by sono; 03-12-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Super Moderator
    Have you considered using a virtual DVD drive emulator? To use it you need to copy and image of the CD/DVD onyo HDD/SSD and you load it to virtual drive instead of using a real drive. Then you could use a nice portable USB DVD drive to copy the DVD into computer when you get a new one and store it in same drawer you keep DVDs in.

I've done this for years and years with all kinds of things .. from games to system and program software. Then when I need it I put it onto a CD/DVD or now USB stick to load onto systems.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

So I dont like the sound of that - I need two computers, additional software and spending time just to get to the point when I can load a game ?

I want to fix a DVD drive inside the case - anyone done that ?

Doubt anyone has done that with this case. Most people who need DVD drives probably wouldnt buy this case in the first place because drive bays are obviously absent. Not to be rude, but you probably should have done more research before you bought it. I would just use a thin external drive and mount it on the bottom of the case somehow. Internal DVD drives are going the way of the Dodo and it will be a hassle to remove the side panel every time you want to play a different game, especially if you have the tempered glass side panel. Plus, cramming a DVD drive in some random spot will make your build look not-so-smart.
    Last edited by READTHESCROLL; 04-14-2017 at 01:11 PM.

i burn a blu ray or dvd every now and then. i am just going to buy a USB 3.0 external 5.25 DVD drive enclosure.

i just bought the case, but havent completed the build.

According to toms hardware:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/phante...ews-48839.html

Or is this only for the Micro?