Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: optional fan for PH-TC14PE

optional fan for PH-TC14PE

I purchased a PH-TC14PE cooler from amazon and got it installed and am very happy with it!
    Dont quite know why so many have issues with the fans not fitting with certain RAM, as the fans can be adjusted up....at least that worked for me with GSKILL RAM.
    Sadly, one of my cooler fans was DOA, and I've RMA'd it, and am looking forward to receiving it.

In the meantime, I'm interested in a 3rd fan for my cooler.
    However, Amazon wants $13 to ship it to me.

will the Phanteks PH-F120S fan (which has free shipping) work with my cooler?

It doesnt sound like much, but the free shipping is a factor, especially since I am already out the shipping cost of sending back the dead fan which doesnt work (frustrating TBH since I paid for a functioning product, and it's costing me more to get one...as well as the fact that I have to wait to optimize my new system until I get a working fan :/). I'd buy the regular fan if it had free shipping....
    Last edited by ReadyMan; 05-22-2013 at 12:54 AM.

Don't you have another store you can buy from?

Quote Originally Posted by kaakaan View Post
    Don't you have another store you can buy from?
    No. Newegg wants $18 to ship it, Frozen CPU wants $13 or so as well.

Any help from Phanteks on this other fan? Or any other options?

--EDIT-- It seems ridiculous to pay almost half the cost of a cooler and 2 fans, for a third fan to make the cooler complete.
    Last edited by ReadyMan; 05-23-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Super Moderator
    3rd fan does very little and as for "complete" it is complete with 2 fans. 3rd is an "add-on". If you are using the PWM converter and "Y" splitter to control speed on stock fans how do you plan to control the 3rd fan?
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

My MB has a CPU plug and also a CPU_Option plug. So I'll use the splitter for the option and the 3rd fans.

--UPDATE--
    Going on 3 weeks since I informed Phanteks, and STILL waiting for my RMA fan to get shipped from them.

I installed the new fan which I bought from amazon (bought it and got it in 3 days), and it's got a problem too. It has a non stop chirping sound as it rotates. VERY annoying. So much so that the only way to drown out the sound is to run the system fans at full speed, which is very loud. Sigh. Guess I'll have to RMA ANOTHER fan, and be out MORE cash.
    I wish I'd have purchased the Noctura cooler instead. I went for Phanteks because it looked better (and the Noctura really is ugly ).
    3 fans = 2 with problems. --> Poor choice.

Super Moderator
    I can't understand why Phanteks is taking so long. Actually I'm surprised you even had to send in the defective fan. I had a cooler RMA which they sent me a new cooler and asked me to please put my defective one in box and they had UPS pick it up.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Well, I'm giving them an opportunity to make things right. I sent them an email regarding the 2nd bad fan. I dont want to pay to ship it back. Let's see if they'll send me a new one once they confirm my purchase.

Super Moderator
    Please keep us posted of how this progresses.

I have spoke to our RMA department. In case you didnt know many of our office workers have gone to Computeks in Taiwan, and everyone has been working on getting our newest products ready for the show. Im not sure if the service has contacted you yet but I have informed them to take care of you. I will try to get in touch with them again to see whats going on with your RMA and try to get your replacements out to you as soon as possible.