Thread: How to connect enthoo luxe fun hub

How to connect enthoo luxe fan hub

Hi,

I have a new Phanteks enthoo luxe, and I'm not sure how to connect the fan hub.

I have a mother board asus prime z270-a whit these fan connection:
    - Cpu_fan and cpu_opt ( used by CPU cooler noctua 15)
    -cha_fan1 and cha_fan2 (1A max)
    - h_amp_fun (high amp)
    - Aio_pump

I think all of them are 4-pin PWM

1. I need to connect the fan hub to one cha_fan or better to the h_amp?
    2.i connect the 12v sata or not? ( reading manual I'm not sure if I connect de 12v resulting in the fans running full rpm)

Thanks

Enviado desde mi iPad
    Last edited by yuxta; 08-05-2017 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Change fun by fan (ios corrector)

Super Moderator
    Hi and welcome to the forum.
    According to your manual you can use either of those fan headers. But I would use the CPU fan header because it is PWM and changes fan speed based on CPU temperature. Connect the Sata to PSU.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thanks a lot.

But I have connected noctua d15 to cpu_fan and cpu_opt. If I connect Phanteks fan hub to CPU_fan where connect d15 connections (noctua needs 2 connections)
    ?

Pd: I read in this forum that if the 3 default Phanteks fans to the phanteks hub are less than 1A is not necessary connect 12v sata, its true or better connect it?

Sorry I'm confused...

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by yuxta View Post
    Thanks a lot.

But I have connected noctua d15 to cpu_fan and cpu_opt. If I connect Phanteks fan hub to CPU_fan where connect d15 connections (noctua needs 2 connections)
    ?

Pd: I read in this forum that if the 3 default Phanteks fans to the phanteks hub are less than 1A is not necessary connect 12v sata, its true or better connect it?

Sorry I'm confused...
    Use a PWM splitter for the D15 fans. Didn't your D15 come with one?

3x fans can probably be ran without needing the Sata connected to PSU, but why not do it? the 1 amp limit is start-up load .. or load if fans stop spinning (stalled load) and that is 2-4 times as much as fans' runing load normally used in specifications.

I would use the CPU fan header and Sata power to be sure the hub is working properly. Then you can move it to any of the other PWM headers and see if they are really PWM .. because if they are not your fans will run at full speed all the time.

Follow the instructions in you case manual that explain how to connect it to motherboard.
    Last edited by doyll; 08-06-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I understand and yes I have the splitter (d15 have one) thank you!

Super Moderator
    Is the fan hub now working and changing case fan speed based on CPU temperature?