Thread: Professional Advise

Professional Advise

Who can help me out?
    doyll Hope your going to see this.
    Reading a few posts it sure seems like you know what you are talking about.
    I just built a new computer and would like your advise on fan placement.
    I have a Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass latest version with the stock 140 fans.
    2 in the front intake and 1 in the back as exhaust. I would like to add 3 120 to the top in either exhaust or intake. The fans I bought are be quiets new silent wings 3. they spin max 1450. I will have all the 6 fans connected to the PWM in the back of the case. I am only air cooling this case, I don't like AIO's too loud and no serviceability.
    My question is, should I leave the 3 default fans alone and its enough cooling? Or install the 3 be quiets in what orientation? I am trying to keep the dust out of the case if I can cause I can see everything with the tempered glass.
    Incase again your wondering, I am using 1 1080TI with a 3 fan cooler exhaust into case. and the processor is the new 7800X. Also the PSU is intake from the bottom and exhaust out the back.

Thanks in advance.
    Athlon64BIT.

Thought I would have some replies by now :/

Super Moderator
    The stock MP like case fans that come in Evolv ATX for last year should give you all the case airflow you need. Honestly trying to use the top for more case airflow is likely not going to help, but will probably make for a louder system.

Remove all unused PCIe back slot covers to help by giving more open vent area for front intakes to move air front to back around GPU.

There is a case airflow guide in 'Off Topic' forum section; thread titled 'Tips & Guides'
    http://phanteks.com/forum/showthread...ull=1#post2563
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Thanks for Responding.

I would hate to waste the money on the fan I spent. I looked at your guide little too in-depth for myself. If you were to use those 3 fans on the top, would you intake or exhaust?

Thanks again.

Super Moderator
    It doesn't matter because about the only thing the will change is the noise level of your system by making it louder .. and could possible increase component temps. My suggestion is the same as before, don't use fans in the top.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;