Thread: Halos rgb do not sync

Halos rgb do not sync

Hi,
    I just received your new HALOS RGB FAN FRAME and they do not sync with my system. I have a MSI Z270 Carbon Pro which is using Mystic Light so it should work. I already have a LED strip that perfectly sync with the motherboard. Even after multiple calibration it will render :
    - Green instead of red
    - Blue instead of green
    - Red instead of blue

What can I do ?

Thanks

Last edited by Motor_Storm; 09-30-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Super Moderator
    I suggest you contact customer support with your problem. I have a couple Halos and have no problems. Guess I'm lucky.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

They say for the moment that it is a software issue (which I think it is) since the fans can not calibrate properlly. Now waiting for MSI's answer.

Phanteks has the R, G, and B channels laid out differently in their wiring, so without an adapter, it wont appear right, AFAIK.

Mine came with the adapter. (Or maybe that was my case? Unsure right now). Basically, its just the pinout being different, so when your MoBo is saying "hey be green!" its hearing "hey be red!" because the wires are laid out differently.

I have the same issue

Quote Originally Posted by Motor_Storm View Post
    Hi,
    I just received your new HALOS RGB FAN FRAME and they do not sync with my system. I have a MSI Z270 Carbon Pro which is using Mystic Light so it should work. I already have a LED strip that perfectly sync with the motherboard. Even after multiple calibration it will render :
    - Green instead of red
    - Blue instead of green
    - Red instead of blue

What can I do ?

Thanks

Did you ever found a fix for this ...I am having the same issue build is set to green ...Halos are blue...BTW the led adapter that Phanteks sells its included in the Lux frame correct?(any Phanteks moderators can confirm this ?)and also I have my case (P400S) Sata power cable plugged in dont know if that matters
    Last edited by muelo1000; 01-11-2018 at 03:31 PM. Reason: added stuff

The issue in this thread also reflects my experience with Halo Fan frames mixed with other RGB components. As HFB Zulu pointed out, the Phanteks frames likely have a different pinout from other RGB components. I addressed this in a workaround (get an RGB splitter) in a separate thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor_Storm View Post
    Hi,
    - Green instead of red
    - Blue instead of green
    - Red instead of blue

What can I do ?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muelo1000 View Post
    Did you ever found a fix for this ...I am having the same issue build is set to green ...Halos are blue...BTW the led adapter that Phanteks sells its included in the Lux frame correct?(any Phanteks moderators can confirm this ?)and also I have my case (P400S) Sata power cable plugged in dont know if that matters
    YES! I found a fix. See below.

Quote Originally Posted by blackwolf_wx View Post
    The issue in this thread also reflects my experience with Halo Fan frames mixed with other RGB components. As HFB Zulu pointed out, the Phanteks frames likely have a different pinout from other RGB components. I addressed this in a workaround (get an RGB splitter) in a separate thread.
    blackwolf, you are on the right track!

I joined these forums just to respond to you guys with what I had to do to solve my wiring issue with my Phantek HALOS fan cover.

When I first got my different "aura compatible" RGB items for my case, I really wish I had known then what I know now.

You will have to do some creative rewiring, and possibly purchase a cable or adapter similar to this one here:

https://www.amazon.com/Phanteks-Adap...sus+aura+cable

The RGB channels are indeed in a non standard configuration versus the headers on an Asus motherboard, the wiring scheme of my silverstone LED strips, and the wiring scheme of my GeIL RGB DDR4 memory modules. The motherboard can change the settings to match whatever RGB crap you have, so it doesn't really matter what the wiring scheme of your motherboard is, be it G.Skill, Asus, or MSI. Just do a calibration, and you should be good. I haven't personally done this on MSI or G.Skill, but I imagine they have a similar process to the Asus Aura app that allows for calibration.

What DOES absolutely matter, is that every single RGB item you have plugged into one specific header have EXACTLY THE SAME wiring scheme. This is where I had to get creative.

One end should look something like this:

Wiring01.jpg

That's the end the plugs into the Phantek proprietary RGB cabling system. (WHY CAN'T THEY ALL JUST AGREE ON ONE STANDARD?!?)

The end that goes into your motherboard header will look something like this:

Wiring04.jpg
    Wiring05.jpg

CAREFULLY take a pocket knife to push down a little on the metal retaining piece inside the plastic as shown here:

Wiring02.jpg

This will allow you to wiggle it out a little easier without breaking it (hopefully!). You want to pull in the direction AWAY from the exposed metal as shown here:

Wiring03.jpg

You will want to switch the wires as shown in the following image, if your Phanteks RGB item (or other similar brand that uses their own stupid proprietary connector and RGB pin layout) to the following:

Wiring06.jpg

Hope this helps!!! And good luck.

(DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if you ruin your RGB headers or your RGB items. Proceed AT YOUR OWN RISK!)

I've had this problem a long time ago. But I just imported a technician to do the editing. I advise you to bring the machine into the center so that it does not damage.

คาสิโนออนไลน์
    gclub