Thread: New member from UK with Shift X and custom P400

New member from UK with Shift X and custom P400

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum.
    I have a custom moded P400 and have just got a Shift X in lovely black for my next build, It will also be my first water cooled build and I'm looking to use as many Phanteks products in this case as I can, along with an MSI motherboard and GPU I will be useing an Intel i7-8700k

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forum!
    Any pics of your builds?
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Yes I have some photos of both, the Shift x is a build in progress, I cant upload them I think the file may be to big (JPG 5.17 MB), I'll work on it and upload them when I suss it out I'm still learning computers, We didn't have them when I went to school.
    As of tomorrow a new P300 case to replace the P400 I custom painted as it's slightly too long for my new desk, The P300 being 7cm shorter will fit lovely and has tempered glass to show off that lovely RG&B better .

Super Moderator
    Look forward to seeing pics.

Where on Earth are you? Too bad you didn't have computers in school.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

I'm in Essex England, The only computers we had when I was at school plugged into your TV and had 4 games lol. Pong how I loved pong. Space invaders came out as I left school lol... I'm old lol.

Just did the build in the P300 TG. What a lovely looking PC, Nice case to build in Like my old P400 but with more thought put into the case and much less room for cable management, It took 2 of us 15 mins to get the side panel on, its on now and it's NEVER coming off lol.

I'm still working on photos, I think my files are to big, You got to love 4k photos lol
    Last edited by Ape_; 10-27-2017 at 07:36 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ape_ View Post
    I'm in Essex England, The only computers we had when I was at school plugged into your TV and had 4 games lol. Pong how I loved pong. Space invaders came out as I left school lol... I'm old lol.

Just did the build in the P300 TG. What a lovely looking PC, Nice case to build in Like my old P400 but with more thought put into the case and much less room for cable management, It took 2 of us 15 mins to get the side panel on, its on now and it's NEVER coming off lol.

I'm still working on photos, I think my files are to big, You got to love 4k photos lol
    Okay, makes more sense. I'm in Torbay. When I was in school the only computers filled a room and the first manned flights made it into space for a few minutes and after a few years orbiting Earth.

I have P400 and am impressed with it's quality for such a low cost case. I have 5 tower build here ranging from P400 to Define 4 and Enthoo Primo.

The P400 is a nice case, I have a white one, I got it as soon as it came out, so it has the upside down Phanteks velcro straps lol, I didn't know about the S or id have got that.
    I custom painted the inside white (it was black) with flip-flop paint, It looks stunning and show the RGB off great, added sound dampening but it was to long and putting strain on my DP cables, I was thinking of selling it but I'm going to keep it and may use it to SLI some old kit on water, Airflow isn't great but ok.
    The new P300 is better, a bit smaller but perfect for an air cooled build, with better airflow than the p400, and you know what they say, once you've had tempered glass there's no going back . I have no complaints other than I Won't A WHITE ONE lol. The Shift X is next but it's going to be a slow build with high-end parts on water (It's looking about 3k ish) so going to be the end of January before its finished. .. I will possibly have got photos sorted by then lol