Thread: Question Regarding Spacing in The Phanteks Eclipse 400s Tempered Glass

Question Question Regarding Spacing in The Phanteks Eclipse 400s Tempered Glass

Hi everyone!

I'm new to Phanteks and this forum, and I have a question. I was forming a build at PcPartPicker.com, and I chose a Asus ROG Strix OC GeForce GTX 1070 GPU along with a Phanteks Eclipse 400s Tempered Glass case, and the website gave me a compatibility check with the notes saying:

The Phanteks - ECLIPSE P400S TEMPERED GLASS ATX Mid Tower Case supports video cards up to 395mm long, but video cards over 280mm may block drive bays. Since the Asus - GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Video Card is 298mm long, some drive bays may not be usable.
    Now, I'm not sure where to go from here. Obviously I really wanted this case, as well as this GPU, but will an 18 mm difference in terms of space actually render my drive bays unusable? Does anyone have this same setup with a Triple Fan Asus ROG GPU, and wasn't allowed to use some of their drives?

Thanks everyone!

Super Moderator
    I have a P400 but had surgery yesterday and won't be able to check it for a day or so. If you don't find answer and I don't post up in 2 day post again to remind me.
    Did you try emailing Phanteks customer support?
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Do you mean the drive bays on the side? InkedP400s-6_LI.jpg

I don't think there's an issue. The case has two dedicated 3.5" bay inside the PSU shroud and two dedicated 2.5" behind the motherboard mount. If your concern about the GPU length, at worst it will obstruct two of the side bays. My old Cooler Master N200 looks similar to the P400S, I can mount my SSD on the inside wall, and because SSD is thin enough, my stupid long Zotact 980Ti AMP Extreme clears the SSD height.

On my Phanteks Evolv ITX, I run 2x SSD, 2x HDD and 1 M.2 NVME... I hung one of the SSD on the HDD bay, it's not the most elegant solution, but at least it has direct air flowing through it. I imagine you'd have easier time with the P400S.

Buy the case, it looks like it has good airflow with the shroud angled like that.

Super Moderator
    P400 has about 74sq cm front vent / airflow area, all filtered. To me this is rather small, but not uncommon. For comparison a 140mm fan has about 140sq cm of airflow area. By comparison my Evolv ATX has 100sq cm.
    =i7 980X @ 3.55GHz =PH-TC14PE w/2x TY-147A fans =Crucial Ballistix 3x4GB =GA-X58A-UD5 =ENGTX580 DirectCU II =e quiet! Straight Power E10 500W =Enthoo Evolv w/2x PH-F140XP case intake fans;

Ah I see. Thanks a lot! I will buy this case and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by doyll View Post
    I have a P400 but had surgery yesterday and won't be able to check it for a day or so. If you don't find answer and I don't post up in 2 day post again to remind me.
    Did you try emailing Phanteks customer support?
    I didn't contact their support, I just wanted to hear it from the people first. Hope alls going well mate!